IR receiver Help
Ok so months ago I was in the land of MediaPortal and I had this cheap ass remote for the setup. You can see the remote here (http://dx.com/p/driver-free-universal-us...-aaa-27596 ).
Anyways for what I paid for it, it works pretty well, the built in mouse support is pretty cool. What I would like to do is to get my Logitech 700i remote working. I figure a remote that will do things like, open the recordings window, pop the EPG when watching Live TV, be able to pull up the context menu to refresh or update the library without the need for a keyboard would be AWESOME.

Is there a way to test the IR receiver that came with the remote to see if it will work? Can I use this remote an remap the extra buttons like the every popular Windows Key button?
If the IR receiver isn't going to work *which I believe is the case) what IR receiver should I be looking at?

Thanks,
The link you provided is not working, but you can use the IR receiver with logitech remote and eventghost to control xbmc. See this link.
Fixed link in first post. I have the same remote and it has very poor range. Not sure if it's due to the remote itself, the IR receiver or both.
Thanks for fixing the post. I tried eventghost and I was able to setup some good changes to the remote.
I guess I should manually have my Harmony 700 Learn the IR for the new buttons?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IR receiver Help0