Win Screen resolution in XBMC changes
Hi.

Having an odd issue here..... If I power i on the HTPC (an Intel NUC, Corei3, MSATA disc, 4 GB RAM) with the TV/Receiver turned off, the resolution is awkward, and I can only see 1/4 part of the screen. This happens often.
If the tv and the receiver is on there is no problem.
If the system is on, and I switch to watch tv, and the HTPC keeps running, the resolution changes again.
*NOTICE* - it's only in XBMC - the resolution in Windows is always spot on.

Any fix for this?

The HDMI fromt the HTPC is connected through the receiver.

Setup:
WIndows 8.1
XBMC Frodo 12.2 (stable)

Execpt for some missing sound drivers for Windows 8.1 - all is running fine,
I guess the best fix would be to either specify the screen resolution you're going to jump to before you jump or just hit the windowed mode (slash on the keybaord). Your system does an interrogation of the attached display to check available resolutions and finding none, it uses the default or last stored res. Using a control script your res could be specified or just use windowed mode. The control script can be found in the forums with the search function.

XBMC doesn't automatically re-adjust the screen parameters for a new devices in operation.
Hmm... Thanks for the info. But i cant find the script you mention!
Is it something to add in the advancedconfig.xml?
This problem has been mentioned a few times and I believe it's understood that it's a problem with Windows multi-monitor support. When HDMI goes away, Windows changes the resolution to the default monitor output, which is typically low (like 1024x768 or less). For some reason XBMC gets downsized to that resolution but it doesn't return to full resolution when HDMI is re-activated.

There are a few solutions. It seems several people have had success carefully taping over pin 19 on their HDMI cable (which is the hotplug pin). Others have changed their default monitor output resolution to match their HDMI resolution so that when the HDMI goes away there is no need for Windows to change the resolution. To accomplish this, some people have turned off the TV and receiver and then used VNC to log in and change the default resolution, while others (including myself) have had success changing some registry keys to accomplish the same.

Here's some more info on those solutions:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=158432
Hmmm.... Sounds reasonable! I will give it a try with the regestry keysSmile

I'll keep you postedSmile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Screen resolution in XBMC changes0