Win Webdrive
I am using webdrive , wich is connected to an FTP with ssl over a passive connection
This all works fine and i can stream files with XBMC , no problem

The only thing is that somehow webdrive keeps redownloading the same file over and over again till i finished the episode or movie in XBMC

For example :

-I click a random episode in XBMC
-Webdrive loads the file and starts downloading the file
-XBMC then says : working . for a few seconds and then plays the file
-When a 20 minute episode is playing at 8 or 9 minutes the entire file is allready downloaded by webdrive
-At this point webdrive , apparently gets the command to RETR and redownloads the entire file , again and again till XBMC is finished
-Then it gets the proper stop command from XBMC and webdrive finally stops downloading

So it keeps (re)downloading the file im watching and this is a bit redicoulous Smile
XBMC keeps playing and is not bothered by the redownloading ,however when webdrive is downloading the same file a second time
pressing stop in xbmc will result in a major crash (xbmc and webdrive)

Any advice would be very welcome since ive been struggling with this for a month Sad
This seems like something is quirky with your cache settings. Please visit www.srthelpdesk.com and simply choose "Submit a Ticket." Someone will be happy to assist you there (full disclosure: I work for the developer of this product).
Thanks , i have tried but it keeps asking for a registration code , wich i do not have (yet)
Im still on the trial version wich expires in 14 days or so

Note that webdrive is functioning properly in windows 7 , but the process is different then
When playing a file with MPC or VLC it simply downloads the entire file first and then plays fine
No problems there and no redownloading

Thats why i assumed it has something to do with XBMC and its buffer ,
and the fact its streaming and not waiting for the entire download to complete

Maybe webdrive is trying to complete the file but cant because its in use ?

I tried Frodo as well as Gotham alpha 9 with advanced settings
trying to force buffer in XBMC , setting buffer to 0 or any value , same result
Ive also tried al the buffer options in Webdrive , single user , Multi user , custom without file caching or none

Everything results in webdrive continously downloading and redownloading the same file , and it should only do that
when its beeing told to by a application (xbmc)

Thanks
@KimSRT : Ah , i needed to register first , and 00000 worked for submitting a ticket this way
So i submitted a ticket over at SRT , hoping it gets solved

Thanks again
Glad it worked out for you. Someone will answer shortly.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Webdrive0