Help With Smart Playlist
Hello,

I'm trying to get a couple of smart playlists setup and I can't seem to figure out how to get it exactly like I want it.

I currently have two smart playlists setup that has TV Shows Playlist (shows that I plan on keeping forever) and a DVR Playlist (newer shows). These playlists are setup from a folder structure on my NAS. My NAS is setup as NAS:\\TV and NAS:\\DVR.

What I would like to do is have another playlist that only shows unwatched episodes from my DVR playlist/folder. However, when I set up the playlist and I select Playlist is DVR and Play Count is 0 with it set to follow all rules I see unwatched shows from my TV playlist as well. All I want to see are unwatched episodes from my DVR playlist only. Is this possible and if so where am I going wrong?

Thanks!
If the DVR content you want on the playlist is exclusively in the NAS:\\DVR path, then I would do:

Path contains NAS:\\DVR
and
Play Count is 0

instead of referring to the other playlist.
Jarvis + Mediaportal, Phenomenal skin
I will try that, but I believe it still will not work correctly. The reason I think it is not working the way I want is because the playlist is saying it wants to see all content from DVR path and all content that has play count 0. So it still shows all episodes that have not been played, thus seeing my TV Shows episodes that have not been watched. Instead of saying show only content that is unwatched in the DVR path.
No, the "and" (follow all rules) should only show items that match both conditions.
Alright, I will give it a shot when I get home from work in about 2 hours. However, I think in the playlist's mind it is following all rules. It is showing all items in my DVR path and it is showing all unwatched episodes (in my library).

In case I'm not understanding you correctly, please see how I have it setup.

Yes, everything should be the same as that screenshot except replace "Playlist is DVR" with "Path contains NAS:\\DVR". I think something is off with the playlist that you are pointing to (DVR) that is throwing off the results, or trying to generate a smart playlist from another smart playlist is causing an issue, which is why my suggestion takes it out of the equation.

By telling it to match all of the rules, the smart playlist will read it as "IF an item is in this path AND it has a playcount of 0, THEN display the item in the playlist".
Great, I appreciate the explanation and help. I may just have to leave work early to try this! It's really the only thing that is missing from my little "DVR" setup I'm trying to accomplish.
You're welcome. Smile

For what it's worth, I have a very similar playlist myself. I'm using Argus, and it places my recordings in folders by show, but I don't want all of them in my playlist because one is an old show that's not available on video at all and I'm DVRing it to archive it. It's the only show I'm keeping, but I don't want to watch it now. So, I have one set up like what I suggested, with the addition of a path exclusion for that one show.

I'm rather fascinated with playlists and favorites. Extremely powerful way to get to content. I'm using Xperience1080 as my skin and I'm just blown away by what I'm able to accomplish by using them. The only downside is that I can't seem to stop "refining" things. I get it the way I want it then a few days later I decide I want this or that, or I have to tweak a setting just a bit more... But then, I tend to learn best by breaking things, so I should just be glad I'm into HTPCs and not cars. Smile
When I change to path I don't see any files, I think this was my problem before when I tried to do it that way. I just don't get it, I chose path is and then browsed to my dvr folder. It shows nothing.
Once you select (navigate into) the path, you should just be able to select from there and it will get it. It isn't showing anything inside because you're browsing for paths (folders) not files.

Now, if you have the proper path selected and get no results in the playlist - if the type is set to episodes, the items have to be already recognized by xbmc as episodes. Don't know if that's an issue here or not, but thought it was a good time to mention it.
Not sure what the issue was exactly, I'm guessing it could have been how I added my shares. I use the DSplayer branch and before you couldn't use SMB but now you can. I just did a fresh install and rebuilt the library and all is working correctly. I'm pretty excited that I got everything working, thanks for your help. I completely understand what you mean about refining things, I feel like I spend more time changing the look of the skin than actually watching movies. I love using Aeon Nox and find it to be almost perfect for everything I need to do. Playlists are fantastic for users like me that have large (800+) collections.

Thanks again!
You're welcome. Glad everything is working!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help With Smart Playlist0