Intel NUC Celeron OpenELEC, Quad-Core Arm A9 Quad-Core Mali400 Android tv box
Hi everybody,

After reading countless forum posts, reviews, technical specification sheets and benchmarks I'm still not clear about what to choose for a media player.

I'm considering buying a media player to connect to my tv and and play files from my home server. Files will exist on my home server and media player and server will be able to be connected via ethernet(wi-fi is also available). I want to play 1080p h264 files (with AC-3, DTS audio streams) without any hiccups and I don't really need android games, mail capabilities or an internet browser… And I don't see my self buying a 4K tv in the near future... Just playing the mkv, mp4 and avi files correctly will be enough for me.

I'm trying to choose between:

1) Intel NUC BOXDCCP847DYE which is a dual core celeron pc and costs about $150 without ram. I'm planing to install OpenELEC on it and use it with a air mouse capable remote.

2) Exoon Power Pro which is a quad-core ARM A9 cpu combined with quad-core Mali400 GPU, running xbmc on top of android and costs about 200$

I couldn't find any satisfying comparison of these two different architectures and therefore I really need your input here.

Basicaly I need a device to play mkv,mp4(h264,AC-3,DTS,AAC) and avi(XVID,AAC,MP3) files from my local network share without any slowdowns and stutter for under $200. What would you recommend?

Sincerely
M
The NUC will crush the Exoon in just about all areas. CRUSH.
Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel NUC Celeron OpenELEC, Quad-Core Arm A9 Quad-Core Mali400 Android tv box0