Solved Pulseeight - USB - CEC Adapter makes GIT XBMC crash
Question 
Last week I ordered from Pulse8 a USB CeC device. After having some trouble to get is working it finally started to work.
Couple of things had to be done:
- Add ppa from pulse8
- Upgrade the libcec package to 2.1..
- Adjust kernel to have USB modem option

After this cec-client -l gave me a working cec adapter. I have tested the adapter with some command created by the folling blog:
http://www.whizzy.org/2012/11/device-con...ibcec-ftw/

With a small adjustment I was able to:
- Turn my AVR on/off
- Turn volume up and down

After this I verified that my cec adapter was working and that cec worked with my receiver.

Next step was to compile a new xbmc with support for libcec. Since the above was in place this should not be a problem. So after some time compiling I had a new GIT XBMC running.
Now my problem occured:

If I plug in the libcec with USB (and XBMC recognizes the unit) XBMC crashes after a short period of time (short period of time is after startup within 1 minut). If I unplug the adapter XBMC is running fine.
Sometimes I am able to configure the adapter when it is plugged in but most of the time I am not able to reach the settings page.

At this moment I am not able to submit an debug log. Will do in the afternoon.
Could not find a track bug report nor an issue in github. Besides that I was not able to fin an actual topic within xbmc forum.
Are there other with the same problem?
hard to tell without debug log.
But you don't need to compile xbmc, all versions in our PPAs support cec and we also provide the needed libcec packages there.
Nightly PPA? -> aka latest from GIT?
Besides that if it is a daily latest GIT compile how can I unstill the normall self-compiled XBMC -> make uninstall?
-> Checked your sig and indeed it is latest GiT. Will converse directly this afternoon and add this PPA. Was not aware of it. Many thnx.

Furthermore I will post latest Debug this afternoon...
If my latest Git question above is positive I will try this option as well this afternoon, because it will save me a lot of time with upgrading (an atom is not that fast with compiling)
yes, make uninstall will work

regarding ppas: the nightly ppa is always current git master

then we have monthly alpha builds and stable
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Ins..._for_Linux
Okey, I have just installed the PPA and installed XBMC + PVR
I did not use an external remote (as in my constellation app)

And all was working fine, so when i suspend everything went to standby and woke up as expected. However when I use constellation it makes XBMC crash.
This is not done through CEC, but by the update Constellation is requesting (JSON Changes?).

So LibCec works... Now I am only wondering how to setup XBMC in a way it can control my AVR volume by default (so using Official XBMC app on my ipod) is making my AVR volup or down.
Do you know how?
xbmc has no way to control your AVRs volume.
So this is not working like that:

http://libcec.pulse-eight.com/faq
I wouldn't think that it works with a remote app, but I might be wrong here. Don't have a cec adapter myself.
Should be easy to try though.
Following option is not available anymore I think, it is replaced by a select box. And that is not giving me the whished result.
May be someone can confirm?

Connected to HDMI device" to "5"
Okay, update from my side:

Volume is working however not by IOS "Official XBMC remote". If I use my multimedia keyboard (PC Keyboard) and press volup or down I see my receiver working instead of XBMC.
So that is good.
Now just 2 things left:
- TV is starting by CEC while I am not asking for that (I only want the AVR to start)
- Constellation has cec support but constellation makes XBMC crash
(2013-11-15, 18:48)wsnipex Wrote: xbmc has no way to control your AVRs volume.

It does it beautifully on Yamaha A830..
My little daughter discovered it today by turning the knob of the imon LCD front panel
I was speechless... Then I tried Constellation remote for iPad.. it does that too..
Hats down to you guys
Which revision of XBMC do you use (offcial Stable release or an Nighty? -> question concerning Constellation since that one make my nighty crash...)
I am using stable on my HTPC
Thnx, had such an idea..
Will wait for an Constellation update then to have support on pre-gotham
I have the same problem, constelation doesnt make volumen up and down in my receiver? How can I fix it?

I have a mac mini for htpc and pioneer SC-72 for avr.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Pulseeight - USB - CEC Adapter makes GIT XBMC crash0