No fanart/banners on RaspBMC
Hi guys. I've recently bought a Raspberry Pi and have installed RaspBMC onto my SanDisk Ultra 8GB SD. I've got a Synology NAS which is connected to the Pi through SMB over ethernet. All my media is sorted into folders in this way:

TV Shows
- Walking Dead
-- Season 01
--- Walking Dead.S01E01.m4v
--- Walking Dead S01E01.NFO
--- banner.jpg
--- fanart.jpg
--- folder.jpg

I've used Ember Media Manager to download fanart, banners, .NFO tags etc. so XBMC doesn't have to scrape online. Here's where it's driving me up the wall. It will not automatically show any of this information, I have to bring up the context menu for each show/season and manually locate the desired images by clicking "choose art", THEN it works. I swear other people's auto populates with this information.

Driving me crazy!

If anybody could impart some wisdom on this issue it'd be greatly appreciated.
You need to scan you library, go to videos>files then right click/context menu and choose scan to library (you will also need to set content if you haven't done so already)
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
Not really related to your problem but Ember seems to be using an old standard for naming and locating your artwork.

Since Frodo, season artwork should be located in the TV show folder, and not the season folder. Also, folder.jpg is no longer used (though still supported) - you should instead be using poster.jpg in place of folder.jpg.

So given your example, you should have...
Code:
TV Shows
- Walking Dead
-- season01-banner.jpg
-- season01-fanart.jpg
-- season01-poster.jpg
-- Season 01
--- Walking Dead.S01E01.m4v
--- Walking Dead S01E01.NFO

If you want poster/fanart/banner artwork for the tvshow (rather than specific to a season), just add artwork named poster.jpg, fanart.jpg and banner.jpg, again in the tv show root. For my TV shows, I have poster.jpg, fanart.jpg and banner.jpg which is shown when browsing TV shows, then I just have seasonXX-poster.jpg artwork which is shown when I drill into a specific TV show. I don't bother with season specific banner and fanart artwork.

The only files you need in each season folder are the episode video files (naturally), and optionally episode thumbs (eg. Walking Dead.S01E01-thumb.jpg) and the episode nfos.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No fanart/banners on RaspBMC0