Win HTPC
I decided last week to bite the bullet and build a Media Center. All the parts came by Friday and I am now testing it.
Silverstone GD08B Black Aluminum HTPC / Home Server Desktop Case Quiet with USB

OCZ OCZ600MXSP-UK ModXStream Pro 600W ATX Power Supply - OCZ overkill, but better to have plenty of power than not.

Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H Intel® 1155 7.1, Optical S/PDIF Channel Audio ATX Motherboard

Intel 3rd Generation Core i5-3570K CPU (4 x 3.40GHz, Ivy Bridge, Socket 1155, 6Mb L3 Cache, Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0)

Corsair CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 Vengeance 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600 Mhz CL9 XMP

Western Digital WD10EZRX 1TB Desktop SATA Hard Drive - Green - Western Digital and Win7 64

WD red 2TB for storage

Pioneer BDR-208DBK 15x SATA 3D Capable Dual Layer BD/DVD/CD Internal Burner - Bare - Pioneer

Hama-00052451-MCE-Remote-Control

I have put most of the software I think I need, and just burning the system in.One thing I did not calculate was the weight of it. I am now waiting for some more brackets to support the shelf that it will sit on. I have built computers before, but mass produce ones are now cheaper, except when I was pricing up a Media center, which seem cheaper to build, using the same parts, especially when looking around for special offers on parts from different retailers.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HTPC0