• 49(current)
Release script.skinshortcuts
(2015-10-03, 18:22)finalmakerr Wrote: Great! thank you jurialmunkey Wink
I plan to test it next week but reading the description txt file and having a doubt regarding the showNone option:

Having default buttons and using the None will remove the string then the action will be skin default (my chosen default) and not really None! So for common users can I simply change the None label to Default?

This addon is too good to be true!

No, just use a variable for defaults or some onload event that checks if the strings are empty
small thing that I noticed,
when trying to add new menu item, with custom action (ActiveWindow(blabla)) - it not let you choose "custom shortcut" untill you have a name for the item...not a good idea, since in my skin and others skins, the label option is comes after the "choose shortcut\choose action" part, so they won't find the "custom shortcut" option.
Phenomenal™ Skin • ForumWebsiteGitHub
@finalmakerr - There's no way to change the "None" text. You might (not something I've ever tried) be able to achieve what you want with custom groupings - by adding a <shortcut /> element with the title you want and with the action of (for example) 'noop', which you could then check for and, if being used, use your skins default action. I appreciate it's a hack, though. See documentation (this is a link to the updated docs I'm working on - it's incomplete, but that section has been written.)

@tomer953 - Known issue which will be fixed as soon as I (or anyone else) get round to it. The problem is that right now shortcuts need a label, or they won't be saved, so the code was set so that the custom action won't work (it reverts to change shortcut) until there is a label, to ensure that the shortcut will be saved (change action doesn't set the label...). I'm hoping, when I have the time to look at the code, the fix will be as simple as allowing a shortcut without a label to save...
Download link in first post doesn't work, can I use this version instead: https://github.com/BigNoid/script.skinshortcuts
??
Yes, You should use it.

this also a good time to ask for some admin to edit the first post with some updated details.
Phenomenal™ Skin • ForumWebsiteGitHub
(2015-10-04, 16:33)LEDFan Wrote: Download link in first post doesn't work, can I use this version instead: https://github.com/BigNoid/script.skinshortcuts
??

The script is available on the official Kodi repo. Only if you need latest Git version you can use that link...
Hi Bob,

I seem to have a small issue with resetting a skin shortcut property. Not sure if it is possible or just my coding skills.

So I have this in the script-skinshortcuts.xml
Code:
<control type="button" id="312">
                    <description>Change widget</description>
                    <width>1316</width>
                    <height>90</height>
                    <textoffsetx>30</textoffsetx>
                    <font>font15</font>
                    <label>$ADDON[script.skinshortcuts 32044]</label>
                    <label2>$INFO[Container(211).ListItem.Property(widgetName)]</label2>
                    <visible>StringCompare(Window.Property(groupname),mainmenu)</visible>
                    <onclick>Skin.Reset($INFO[Container(211).ListItem.Property(widgetArt)])</onclick>
                </control>
                <control type="button" id="511">
                    <description>Change widget art</description>
                    <width>1316</width>
                    <height>90</height>
                    <font>font15</font>
                    <label>Widget Art</label>
                    <label2>$VAR[WidgetArtLabelVar]</label2>
                    <visible>!IsEmpty(Container(211).ListItem.Property(widgetName)) + !StringCompare(Container(211).ListItem.Property(widgetName),weather)</visible>
                </control>

And this in my overrides.xml
Code:
<!-- Widget Art -->
    <propertySettings property="widgetArt" buttonID="511" title="Widget Art" />
    <property property="widgetArt">Poster</property>
    <property property="widgetArt">Poster Glass</property>
    <property property="widgetArt">Poster Case</property>
    <property property="widgetArt">Poster Clear Case</property>
    <property property="widgetArt">FanArt</property>

When Changing the widget type I would like the 'widgetArt' to reset. Everything works great, but I can seem to find away to reset the property.
Madnox 2.0
Forum / Source
@Mr. V - I'm honestly not sure if it's possible (least of all in a good way - this will reset custom property every time the user opens the select a widget dialog, whether or not they actually select a widget), but you can set a custom property to a specific value - in this case, leave the `customValue` property empty and it should (can't say I've tested this Wink) clear the value.

Code:
                    <width>1316</width>
                    <height>90</height>
                    <font>font15</font>
                    <onclick>SetProperty(customProperty,widgetArt)</onclick>
                    <!-- Following line may or may not be needed, please test! -->
                    <onclick>SetProperty(customValue,)</onclick>
                    <onclick>SendClick(404)</onclick>
                </control>

If that doesn't work, I'll add it to the feature requests.
Code:
                    <width>1316</width>
                    <height>90</height>
                    <font>font15</font>
                    <onclick>SetProperty(customProperty,widgetArt)</onclick>
                    <onclick>SendClick(404)</onclick>
                </control>

Thanks Bob.

Works Great. Clears the property when the dialog opens. It would be better if could assign the onclick within the widget dialog. But it will do. Thanks again Smile
Madnox 2.0
Forum / Source
BobCratchett,
I just have to say that your pending PR with the updated documentation is amazing, thank you for taking the time to provide such extraordinarily detailed instructions. Big Grin
Hi Bob,

I'm trying to hide some options in my SkinShortcuts customizing list when I'm not in the main menu. I tried to use :

Code:
StringCompare(Container(211).ListItem.Property(group),mainmenu)

But it seems it doesn't work. Is this the same issue than the hasSubmenu property (for script internal use) ?
With this I would like to hide the Viewtype, Widgets, Home art and Submenu Editor selection when not in Main menu.

Thx
[Skin] KOver - V1.1.0 Stable (Repo version)
[WIP] ReKOver - Skinning tool project

If I've been helpful or you like my work, hit "THANK USER" button ;) ...
@Mr. V - Have you tried setting the buttonID of your <propertySettings /> to 312? (Logically this should work, which means it probably won't!)

@Jayz2K - Thank you for my first opportunity to direct people to the new docs now they're merged Wink Limiting controls to main menu only Smile

(And cheers Marcelveldt for the merge)
A user of Metropolis complained that choosing a background or widget in one profile affects all other profiles. Testing myself, this does appear to be the case, and I can see why in the skin.metropolis.properties file -- each property is only set once per item, rather than one for each profile.

Am I doing something wrong? Am I supposed to be doing something in particular to support multiple profiles, or does Skin Shortcuts just not support this yet?

This is on 0.6.0 with Kodi 15.1 btw.
@jingai - the properties should be being saved into the .properties file in each profiles addon_data folder. If that's not happening, this is a new bug Wink

Unfortunately there was a long-standing bug which meant the path to load the .properties file for each profile wasn't actually getting passed to the code that loads said file which was finally fixed in 0.6.0.

Even more unfortunately (not least because neither I, nor presumably those who tried the beta versions) use profiles, it introduced a new bug whereby the code was being asked to load the correct .properties file, but was actually returning a cached version of the file (which was for the first profile the menu was being built for). This should* finally be fixed in 0.6.1, on Git.

* Though if it's not - as I say I don't actually use profiles - please let us know along with a debug log Smile
(2015-10-05, 15:51)BobCratchett Wrote: @Jayz2K - Thank you for my first opportunity to direct people to the new docs now they're merged Wink Limiting controls to main menu only Smile

Ahhh !!! Excellent Big Grin
Works perfectly ... I'm going to read this back carefully. Good job on this, looks much easier to read. Many thanks.
[Skin] KOver - V1.1.0 Stable (Repo version)
[WIP] ReKOver - Skinning tool project

If I've been helpful or you like my work, hit "THANK USER" button ;) ...
  • 49(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
script.skinshortcuts8