• 80(current)
Release script.skinshortcuts
First, that's not a debug log (wiki), and any debug log also needs to have the scripts own debugging option enabled.

Second, a cursory glance of the internet suggests that the add-on you're using is not supported here, so I'm unlikely to look at an actual debug log unless you can point out a source (a forum thread on here is usually a good source) that confirms the add-on doesn't provide free access to content you'd normally expect to pay for.
Just as a heads up: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=259585
That PR would cause quite a big temporary breakage without preparations inside this script.
It would be cool if you could push a quick "hotfix" to our repo for krypton which changes the script to write the following include header in order to get a smoother transition:
<include name="xyz" definition="xyz">

I didnt try, but by including both "name" and "definition it should stay "backwards-compatible" i think.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
Thanks for the heads-up Phil, hugely appreciated. I'll make the changes shortly and get them into master, hopefully marcelveldt can sort a request on the mailing list for a 'hot fix' update ASAP after that.

As you say you're not sure whether the changes will keep it backwards compatible and I'm not set up to build Kodi here, is there any chance of getting a test build (for Mac for preference Wink) or could you test that - with the PR + updated Skin Shortcuts - the includes work as expected? (I can easily test older versions.)
sure. test build triggered:
http://jenkins.kodi.tv/view/Helpers/job/...ually/202/
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
hey Bob,
I'm working on a new feature to my skin,which allow users to install icons\backgrounds packs from the new type of addon "image.resources.xxx" that added to Jarvis.
I created few addons,"backgrounds" and "icons" type, then I let the user to choose his pack with this command:
Code:
RunScript(script.image.resource.select,property=home.fanart&amp;type=resource.images.backgrounds)
after he choose the pack from the dialog select, a skin string with: Skin.String(home.fanart.path) is set to the "resources" folder inside that addon.
so far so good..

now, I think that I need a custom command from the script, or from Marcel's helper, that will let me set a custom background\icon with a command, by the "labelID" of the menu.
since all the packs I created, has the same background names (movies.jpg, tvshows.png ..etc) - I guess that there is a way to make automation.
something like:
Code:
action=setbackground,labelid=movies,path=$INFO[Skin.String(home.fanart.path)]movies.jpg
action=setbackground,labelid=tvshows,path=$INFO[Skin.String(home.fanart.path)]tvshows.jpg

to be honest, I hadn't tried yet to do that with skinning only, and I think that it is possible, but I wanted to ask for your opinion first.

Many thanks.
Phenomenal™ Skin • ForumWebsiteGitHub
An interesting idea. Just to be sure I fully understand, you're wanting to set the background from outside of the management dialog? (Within the dialog you should be able to treat 'background' as a custom property and set it directly to anything you want via 404)

The first steps have been taken recently to enabling this sort of functionality with the support for the context menu add-on, so I don't see why we can't expand it to setting backgrounds. As a definite limitation, you'll have to be responsible skin-side for getting the labelID. As a limitation I'll fight tooth-and-nail for, it's unlikely Skin Shortcuts will do it without asking the user for confirmation first (as soon as we start opening up these customisation options outside of the management dialog - and I'd like to see it expand more - it opens up too big a possibility of a less-than-honourable skinner starting to modify the menu without the users consent. Not that I think for a second that's something you'd do, but there are definitely people who would!)

If I am understanding what you're wanting correctly, leave it with me to think through the various behaviours and I'll get back to you in a day or two with some code to test.
Yeap, from outside the management dialog.
A button in the skin settings window - "choose backgrounds pack"
Then after the user will choose his pack, I'll call to your script to change the backgrounds from the right path.
One thing that I'm not sure is if the second "onclick" that calling your script will "wait" for the user to choose from the dialog. If not - its a problem that I need to think about. [/align]

Thanks.
Yes, I suspect Kodi won't wait for one script to finish before calling another, and if I write the code in anything like a generically re-usable way it's a problem you'll have to solve skin-side.
@tomer953 - that has been suspiciously easy to implement (meaning I've probably overlooked something very obvious), so if you want to play with some rough code try this branch. It will let you set any properties kept in the skin.name.properties file (backgrounds, widgets, icons, custom properties) from outside of the management dialog. For your use case:-

Code:
<onclick>RunScript(script.skinshortcuts,type=setProperty&amp;property=background&amp;value=$INFO[Skin.String(home.fanart.path)]movies.jpg&amp;labelID=[labelID])</onclick>

There are a few gotchas to be aware of, but nothing that should impact your particular use case (and I'll detail them when I finalise and document the code). Let me know how you get on.
" in a day or two" ha?
lol, your fast... and awesome... many thanks! will test it in a day or two Wink
I tested it, seems to work great!
but, the confirm dialog is not letting me to set multiple properties, like:
Code:
<onclick>RunScript(script.skinshortcuts,type=setProperty&amp;property=background&amp;value=$INFO[Skin.String(home.fanart.path)]movies.jpg&amp;labelID=movies)</onclick>
<onclick>RunScript(script.skinshortcuts,type=setProperty&amp;property=background&amp;value=$INFO[Skin.String(home.fanart.path)]tvshows.jpg&amp;labelID=tvshows)</onclick>
<onclick>RunScript(script.skinshortcuts,type=setProperty&amp;property=background&amp;value=$INFO[Skin.String(home.fanart.path)]video.jpg&amp;labelID=videos)</onclick>

in that case, only the first will set. any chance to help with it?

Edit2:
I see in the code that I can split with "|", I'm trying....
Edit3:
ok... not helping, because I need different labelID, and not different properties..

Edit4:
I Also forgot to test the icons pack. how should I set "ListItem.Thumb" with this function?
You can now have different labelID's Wink

Code:
<onclick>RunScript(script.skinshortcuts,type=setProperty&amp;property=background|background|background&amp;value=[one]|[two]|[three]&amp;labelID=movies|tvshows|videos)</onclick>

To set the thumb, property=thumb
mm... not working I think..
http://pastebin.com/Sjixkxyd

b.t.w, what is the way in notepad++ and kodi, to split <onclick/> to multiple lines? mine is getting very long and hard to read...
Code:
<onclick>RunScript(script.skinshortcuts,type=setProperty&amp;property=background|background|background|background&amp;value=$INFO[Skin.String(home.fanart.path)]movies.jpg|$INFO[Skin.String(home.fanart.path)]tvshows.jpg|$INFO[Skin.String(home.fanart.path)]video.jpg|$INFO[Skin.String(home.fanart.path)]addons.jpg&amp;labelID=movies|tvshows|videos|vaddons)</onclick>
and another error:
http://pastebin.com/VaMduH3G
Please just post a full debug log, not snippets - the errors make more sense in context, and there is additional information in there which is useful. If there are add-ons that mean you don't want to post the full log, disable them first.

(edit: and neither of those errors have anything to do with the setProperty function. They may be indirectly related - hence the context - but not directly)
  • 80(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
script.skinshortcuts8