Win XP - no stereo sound, 5.1 is fine
Music 
Hi,

pretty much new to the XBMC scene and I have a short question which I am pretty sure is easy to solve but I can't get it to work.

So for general information

Code:
Graphic/Audio: Nvidia GT610
XBMC Build: Frodo 12.2
AVR: Denon AVR-1312
Setup: PC -> AVR -> TV all using HDMI cable

Current Windows Sound setting
Speaker: 5.1
Driver: all up to date

Current XBMC Audio Setting
Audio Output: HDMI
Speaker: 5.1
Boost volume: On
Ouput Stereo: Off
Capable Receivers: All on
Audio Output: Nvidia HD Audio, Directsound: Nvidia HD Audio

I have no navigation sound even if it's enable and every movie that are 5.1 works beautifully. As soon as I watch a 2.0 (mostly TV shows or personal home movie) complete silence.
I tried enabling Stereo Output to all speaker but nothing change: 5.1 works but not 2.0.

So I looked though the FAQ and several post but I don't seem to find anything particular since for the vast majority of people it's either complete silence or it works. My problem is only stereo files. I am pretty sure my problem lies in some configuration that I don't understand but at this point I don't see it (before someone ask, everything is fine and dandy using VLC or any other).

Thanks for any pointers. Should I upgrade to Vista or 7 (since several screenshot talks about feature I don't seem to have under XP)
Debug log required so I can see what your audio device reports, see http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=log_file

Note also there are 2 output device selections toward the bottom of the audio settings page:

Audio output device: this is used for GUI sounds and music in formats like mp3

Passthrough output device: this is used for bitstreaming to the AVR

Do you have both of these set to "Nvidia HD Audio, Directsound: Nvidia HD Audio"?
I'll edit with a log later tonight.

My AVR doesn't do pass-through so it's greyed out.
Ahhhhhh case closed.

For some weird reasons and now I'll have to figure out why, Windows boots up with WAV sound volume all the way down which, I guess, controls stereo output in XBMC (well that's the only explanation I can think of since stereo file worked great outside XBMC).

Everything is perfect now.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XP - no stereo sound, 5.1 is fine0