• 47(current)
Release VideoExtras Addon
The custom path is very close to what is detailed by wgstarks, but I think it will only be the "Containing Directory name" that is used, so if you have your film in:

Movies/3D Movies/Thor 3D/Thor.mkv

Then your extras will be in:

<Custom Path>/Movies/Thor 3D

Hope that helps

Rob
Dear Rob,

For the manual I am creating: I am a bit confused as to which would be the right remote directory name for MusicVideos. Do these extras have their own directory, since we have Container.Content(musicvideos)? I realised we haven't specified this bit on the wiki.

Hope you are fine.

Jav
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
Is anyone using this in Helix?

I recently installed the Beta 1 and just copied over my advancedsettings.xml hoping for the best.

No video extras are found after a library scan. I made no modifications to the working as.xml, as it worked perfectly in Gotham. Thread search here reveals only one mention of Helix.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
(2014-11-07, 19:19)thrak76 Wrote: Is anyone using this in Helix?

I recently installed the Beta 1 and just copied over my advancedsettings.xml hoping for the best.

No video extras are found after a library scan. I made no modifications to the working as.xml, as it worked perfectly in Gotham. Thread search here reveals only one mention of Helix.

I know Rob was waiting for a public release of Helix before making changes to the AddOn to support it. I haven't seen any mention of him changing his mind.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
(2014-11-07, 16:02)capfuturo Wrote: Dear Rob,

For the manual I am creating: I am a bit confused as to which would be the right remote directory name for MusicVideos. Do these extras have their own directory, since we have Container.Content(musicvideos)? I realised we haven't specified this bit on the wiki.

Hope you are fine.

Jav

Yes, I believe they should - there is a value in settings for these - should be "MusicVideos" by default

(2014-11-07, 19:19)thrak76 Wrote: Is anyone using this in Helix?

If you have a debug log I might be able to have a quick look - no promises of a solution in any timely manner.

Rob
P.S. Not getting email notification for posts on this thread any more - so will only get replies when I check manually until notifictions kick back into life.
I do have a log. It seems all of these log files are getting too large for pastebin and xbmclogs, so I've linked a Drive doc. If that's an issue for you please advise and I'll pass it along another way.

The log shows videoextras searching for the <title>\Extras entries, but then just continues on without adding anything that's contained in the directory.

log file
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
(2014-11-07, 20:31)thrak76 Wrote: I do have a log. It seems all of these log files are getting too large for pastebin and xbmclogs, so I've linked a Drive doc. If that's an issue for you please advise and I'll pass it along another way.

The log shows videoextras searching for the <title>\Extras entries, but then just continues on without adding anything that's contained in the directory.

log file

Looks like it isn't finding any files, maybe a bug in the XBMC Python libraries, as the code does:

Code:
log("VideoExtrasFinder: Checking existence for %s" % extrasDir)
        extras = []
        # Check if the extras directory exists
        if xbmcvfs.exists(extrasDir):
            # list everything in the extras directory
            dirs, files = xbmcvfs.listdir(extrasDir)
            for filename in files:
                log("VideoExtrasFinder: found file: %s" % filename)

And the only logging we see is:

Code:
script.videoextras: VideoExtrasFinder: Checking existence for Z:\Movies\Scanner Darkly, A (2006)\Extras

And then no files listed, so either the xbmcvfs.exists(extrasDir) or xbmcvfs.listdir(extrasDir) is not working I think.

Rob
Thanks for looking it over Rob.

Now my question is: Is there anything i can do to help? Or, did we find a bug and need to open a trac?
(2014-11-08, 00:37)thrak76 Wrote: Thanks for looking it over Rob.

Now my question is: Is there anything i can do to help? Or, did we find a bug and need to open a trac?

Yes, please feel free to raise a Trac - I haven't read anything that states that addons need to do anything to "align" with Helix, so it seems like a bug.

Thanks

Rob
Trac ticket created here.

Hopefully it's not something with my setup and an actual bug that can be fixed!
Just a quick question. I already have all my TV extras working, can I set this up for ONLY movie extra's? Currently all my movies are in one directory on my NAS so I assume I either have to create folders for each movie title or put a new folder on the NAS called Movies for the extras?

Thanks...
Randy
(2014-11-10, 06:05)vmax Wrote: Just a quick question. I already have all my TV extras working, can I set this up for ONLY movie extra's? Currently all my movies are in one directory on my NAS so I assume I either have to create folders for each movie title or put a new folder on the NAS called Movies for the extras?

Thanks...
Randy

Hi Randy,

Yes you can set this up for Movies only. The suggested/best way is to split things into directories, but is should also be possible to use the names of the files:

http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:VideoExtras...Convention

Rob
(2014-11-08, 16:54)thrak76 Wrote: Trac ticket created here.

Hopefully it's not something with my setup and an actual bug that can be fixed!

Hi thrak76,

Thanks for raising that - just spotted that Martijn posted a suggestion.

What Martijn posted is correct with regards to the Python api docs - I suppose it was just luck that it worked before in Frodo/Gotham - most probably something changed in Helix that means it really does need the final directory slash.

I have updated the code - but have only had a very quick test, seems OK - there is a beta at the following location if you wanted to give it a try.

https://robwebset.googlecode.com/svn-his...-1.1.8.zip

Thanks

Rob
Thanks Rob, I'll give it a shot!
(2014-11-10, 16:20)rob_webset Wrote: Hi thrak76,

Thanks for raising that - just spotted that Martijn posted a suggestion.

What Martijn posted is correct with regards to the Python api docs - I suppose it was just luck that it worked before in Frodo/Gotham - most probably something changed in Helix that means it really does need the final directory slash.

I have updated the code - but have only had a very quick test, seems OK - there is a beta at the following location if you wanted to give it a try.

https://robwebset.googlecode.com/svn-his...-1.1.8.zip

Thanks

Rob

Just tested the update and all is working as expected, from within the infoscreens as well as in plugin mode.

Thanks for the fix!
  • 47(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VideoExtras Addon2