Xvid files do not play
@popcornmix, is the latest OpenELEC-RPi.arm-devel-20131120110614-r16406?

If so then that is the version I tested a couple of days back where it didnt work.
I have tried again with 6404. I have tried that image on two different pis and the issue is still exactly the same on both of them.

Plays perfectly on Frodo on Windows but not on Pi on Frodo or latest Gotham.
On a quick flick through this thread I haven't seen a debug log (or if there is one, I missed it).

Please post one on pastebin or xbmclogs and share the link, or point me to the post where you already did that!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
@nickr, the logs are here
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=92951

The logs show access denied for some reason when trying to play this file. This specific folder is not shared, its parent folder is shared and the majority of other folders under this parent share can be read fine, however there are quite a few that I have the same issue with. This seems to be a permission related issue that I need to look into. Getting very confused now.
(2013-12-01, 00:49)RDPearson Wrote: @popcornmix, is the latest OpenELEC-RPi.arm-devel-20131120110614-r16406?

If so then that is the version I tested a couple of days back where it didnt work.

No, this one.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2013-12-03, 11:27)RDPearson Wrote: @nickr, the logs are here
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=92951

The logs show access denied for some reason when trying to play this file. This specific folder is not shared, its parent folder is shared and the majority of other folders under this parent share can be read fine, however there are quite a few that I have the same issue with. This seems to be a permission related issue that I need to look into. Getting very confused now.

Ok so not an xbmc problem at all then.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
OK working now. I removed the share and recreated it.
Very strange that one a single share certain items had this issue and some did not.

Thanks very much for all your help and input.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xvid files do not play0