Lost power and now XBMC will not load
Last night I lost power. For some reason XBMC will not load past the XBMC log in screen. I have 3 different devices with XBMC on them. The first is my laptop running windows 8 (V12.2) the second is my desktop running windows 7 (V12.2), and the third is my server running windows 2012 (V 12.0). These all have library's synced with MySQL on the server machine. The server is running with no issues but no machine will boot XBMC past its logo. Thanks in advance for the help and Hope you all have a great Thanksgiving!

Regards
Try renaming the guisettings.xml on one located inside userdata (wiki) or renaming the userdata folder on one instance, it could be currupted guisettings.xml or corrupted databases.

You could try setting debug on via advancedsettings.xml and pastebining a log file (first link on my sig) That will give more indications where problem is if none of the above solve it.
Sounds like the machines can't connect to the mysql server - if you leave it for about 15 mins or so you will find it does get past that screen but none of your library contents will be available.

When you lost power did your mysql server get a different ip address?

If you check your debug log on one of the machines, you should see if having issues connecting to the sql server.
I renamed the userdata file on my desktop and it booted normally. Will I need to set everything up all over again for each machine? Also if I do would it be better to setup uPNP or continue with the mySQL setup?

Thanks for the response and help. I think this is the third time you have helped me out!
Personally I prefer mySQL libraries and upnp is lacking some of the features I use - the flip side is its a little harder to setup.

Has the IP address of your mysql server changed? What about that machine thats serving your media contents?
I have no practical experience with mysql setup on multimachines, however I can tell you that all XBMC instances should be same version and one of yours is not. This ensures that same xbmc databases are using same version.

You could see what Prae5 says about your mysql IP etc, leaving it for a while, baring some file corruption whcich cant be discounted on advancedsettings.xml or guisttings xml all else shouldn't require redoing.

Of course going through renaming each file and restarting xbmc will tell you which is currupt if any.

I have had issues with guisettings curruption causing exactly that hang up, in fact when it hapened to me, it loaded the background and stuck, quickly renaming the guisettings proved it was that simple, though not mysql related.
It was the ip address. Corrected now. thank you for all the help.
Mark as solved pls. Enjoy.
I'd recommend that you set your server to have a static ip address - that way you won't have this issue in the future.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Lost power and now XBMC will not load0