Mac OS X - Stable 12.x version available?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalej Offline
Donor
The Wife Acceptance Factor is dropping _very_ rapidly.
Each time we flip over to use XBMC to play movies, we have a roughly 50/50 chance that it has crashed to the Mac desktop with a prompt to report the crash because of the

Code:
Assertion failed: (x < static_cast<double>(INT_MAX / 2) + 1.0), function round_int, file xbmc/utils/MathUtils.h, line 75

bug, issue, whatever it is.

Is there a version available that Just Works?

Would a downgrade to 11.x resolve this and work with the OS and hardware I have?
Hardware: http://www.taftbbs.com/xbmc/xbmc_platform.txt
running 32 bit MacOS 10.8.0
find quote
Ned Scott Offline
Wiki Guy
Can you get us a debug log (wiki) of when this happens? A crash log would help as well (see Mac_FAQ#logs (wiki)).

Full disclosure: I work for WeTek. However, this is my personal account, and my words and opinion are my own.

You can make easy links to the Kodi Wiki Manual using double brackets around common Kodi words: [[debug log]] = debug log (wiki), [[Video library]] = Video library (wiki), [[SMB]] = SMB (wiki) , [[userdata]] = userdata (wiki), etc
find quote
Dalej Offline
Donor
I posted one recently - http://www.taftbbs.com/xbmc/XBMC_2013-11...ini2.crash - someone responded that this was a known issue and there was fix in a nightly build.

If that bug doesn't exist in 11.x and the scrapers still work, I'd much rather go back than got forward to a much-less-tested version.
find quote
Memphiz Offline
Non-Serving Developer
I thought jm has fixed this issue in mainline.

AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
find quote