No audio and stuttering after TV standby (Mavericks) - ERROR: CDVDAudio
After upgrade to Mavericks XBMC stutters very badly (unwatchable) and has no audio if my Panasonic Plasma is put into standy/sleep and then waken (with XBMC running).

To replicate: Start XBMC, Standby TV, count to 5, wake TV, play a video in XBMC - voila NO sound and stuttering ..

This occurs on

xbmc-20131126-81d9bf1-master-x86_64.dmg (nightly)
xbmc-20131129-6dd8e47-master-x86_64.dmg (nightly)
xbmc-20131101-0536b03-Frodo-x86_64.dmg (Frodo mavericks 12.3 test build)

Latest nightly Debug log here: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=91686

I did notice while capturing debug that the frame rate oscillates from 8 to 24.

I also notice lots of errors in the debug log:

20:29:25 T:4619657216 ERROR: CDVDAudio::AddPacketsRenderer - timeout adding data to renderer
20:29:25 T:4619657216 DEBUG: CDVDPlayerAudio:: Discontinuity1 - was:2065038.658270, should be:896000.000000, error:-1169038.658270
20:29:26 T:140735205868304 INFO: Python, unloading python shared library because no scripts are running anymore
20:29:27 T:4619657216 ERROR: CDVDAudio::AddPacketsRenderer - timeout adding data to renderer
20:29:27 T:4619657216 ERROR: AddPackets - failed to add leftover bytes to render
20:29:27 T:4619657216 DEBUG: CDVDPlayerAudio:: Discontinuity1 - was:2974198.774000, should be:928000.000000, error:-2046198.774000

Hardware is Mac Mini 2013 with HDMI connection to TV - has been flawless until Mavericks!

This did not occur on 12.2 or nightlies I used on Mountain Lion.

I am relatively new to this so if debug log is poor let me know and I will redo.

The other half is not impressed Smile Any help much appreciated...
I also tried disabling app-nap .. no change
Xbmc Audio output is default - tried other options too

Interestingly i found that making audio settings changes in xbmc stops the stuttering and restores audio (until TV next put into standby)

I checked that audio and video playback outside xbmc is unaffected by standby/wake

Monitor and computer sleep have always been disabled - doing some tests with them now[/quote] to see if wake from sleep is enough to trigger xbmc to reset audio ..

Any ideas ?
Anyone ? New to forum so appreciate feedback if my post lacks something or if you think i should log a bug ..
This whole bs is a never ending story between XBMC and apple. And i am really tired on running after them. So if you want my personal opinion. Use XBMC when the TV is on (no suspended TV, no osx suspend) - or if for any reason you have to use it with turning off the TV - try a different OS. OSX had always issues with this in conjunction to XBMC and i don't want to hold the hopes up on something nobody has an idea to fix (and i tried to workaround those issues from time to time - but now with mavericks once again its broken - i just want to spend my time on something more important then those use cases. XBMC is ment to be used with a TV which is turned on - at least on OSX).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Thanks Memphiz - Apple certainly have not won many friends with these Mavericks "features"!

As explanation - the main house TV only runs XBMC (which runs at startup time). When finished with TV for the night it is put into standby - this hoses XBMC as above

It is a 42 inch Panasonic plasma - I have zero chance of convincing my wife to leave the TV on 24/7 Smile

I used to code on the Mac a long time ago (in C) but I suspect this one is beyond me ..

This might be the death of Mavericks for me.

Thanks for your tireless efforts on XBMC.
(2013-12-03, 23:29)Memphiz Wrote: This whole bs is a never ending story between XBMC and apple. And i am really tired on running after them. So if you want my personal opinion. Use XBMC when the TV is on (no suspended TV, no osx suspend) - or if for any reason you have to use it with turning off the TV - try a different OS. OSX had always issues with this in conjunction to XBMC and i don't want to hold the hopes up on something nobody has an idea to fix (and i tried to workaround those issues from time to time - but now with mavericks once again its broken - i just want to spend my time on something more important then those use cases. XBMC is ment to be used with a TV which is turned on - at least on OSX).

I have been having these issue since OSX10.7 and 10.8 (running 10.9 at the moment). I bought an device to store my handshaking id but it didn't help. Basically I spend way too much money for a system that never worked the way I wanted (worst money spend and major disappointment in Apple in regards to a HT system). Not blaming you guys, don't get me wrong, just need to get rid of some frustrations Wink

What I am interested in is, what are the fixes for this on OSX10.8 and below? If they work I might consider going back to it. I actually prefer to go back to Snow Leopard but damn Apple won't allow it to install on my Mac (not in a straight forward fashion anyway).

PS: I am also on a Panasonic Plasma. And mostly use the system for audio, so its a major waste of energy to keep my tv on so I won't.
mll777 - sent you a PM. PM me and I'll see if I can help - Snow Leopard & Mountain Lion were absolutely fine with XBMC for me with a Panasonic plasma (in standby and on).

Key item was never to reboot with the TV fully off and to set overscan correctly. I found DVI to HDMI best on my old mac and now use HDMI to HDMI on 2013 mini. I tend to route the audio from the TV back to amp as I only use it with the TV on (and this has a few advantages from my perspective).

I have been looking into coreaudio (where I suspect the Mavericks/XBMC problem I have is) - lots of bugs and complaints - might get lucky and apple may fix soon..

http://www.imore.com/losing-audio-os-x-m...o-about-it
https://discussions.apple.com/message/23643199#23643199

Anyone got the inclination - this is hurting .. happy to run any debugs etc with special debug code ..

I am keen to help out (especially after seeing that a downgrade from Mavericks to Mountain Lion is a manuakl backup, format, re-install ML, and manually copy settings/data etc (migration assistant and time machine can't be used for this downgrade ) ..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No audio and stuttering after TV standby (Mavericks) - ERROR: CDVDAudio0