Linux Strange issue with keyboard not working sometimes
Hi all,

I have quite a strange problem, most of the time my keyboard just works as it should(Rapoo E2700) and it's touchpad also.
But quite often after I started a video file, the strange thing it is not happening always and not always at the same file.

I have attached the xbmc.log file: http://paste.ubuntu.com/6501797/
The last keyboard activity I see in the logfile is from the time 00:46:55, which is opening a video file.
After that nothing worked.

After a 'pkill -9 xbmc' and restarting xbmc everything works again, and starting exactly the same video file and using then the keyboard is no problem at all.

I am running the following:
Ubuntu 13.10 64bit, kernel: 3.11.0-13-generic
Using a Intel i3-3220 with it's internal Intel GPU as HDMI output to my Pioneer VSX-AX2AS-S receiver.
XBMC version: 2:13.0~git20131130.0202-6dd8e47-0saucy

Would be great to find out what I am doing wrong Smile
Someone who may has a clue? Smile
Nobody who can help me with this ? Sad
I'm having more or less the same issue. I've got a logitech K400 but when the keys stop working the touchpad still works so I can use it to restart xbmc.
Exactly the same here, the touchpad works still, so I can stop XBMC with the touchpad, or just trough ssh with a kill command.
Well no one else has the same issues ?
*kick*
Yeah I had that keyboard problem too. The keyboard would stop working if I pressed a button while starting/stopping a video.

I have since switched to a non-SDL build of XBMC that uses just X11. I never have that problem anymore.
I have switches to the non-SDL ppa from here: https://launchpad.net/~wsnipex/+archive/...nta-master
After Fritsch gave me this tip on IRC.
I am still testing it, I didn't encountered the problem any more, but I didn't test it extensively yet.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Strange issue with keyboard not working sometimes0