How can an addon provide its own skin files?
(2013-12-04, 23:14)amet Wrote: No, that logic is wrong.... Why would you try to skin the window to fit the existing skin instead of skinner doing it?

Because you want a larger font to be used? Or because you want a button to appear in a slightly different location...

These are trivial examples, but generally: because the skinner has given you enough to work with and you only want to tweak the appearance slightly...

Sure a skin is the authors hard work, so if you don't stick to their design then you're probably a fool and people will probably complain that it looks out of keeping. That's fair enough. But there are conceivable situations in which adaptations need to be made without the consultation of the skinner. I'm wary of appeals to authority.
(2013-12-04, 20:52)amet Wrote: if you ask me, there would not be a weather page in XBMC

This.
Perhaps it would make more sense to have weather like any other script, supported by skins by including an xml.
i.e. script-wunderground.xml and script-metoffice.xml
For current skins that would just be a name change of one of the xml files.
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat
That's an interesting idea. And I guess you can always edit the home menu to make it look just as it does now. Although there is the inconvenience of having to do just that. It won't work "out of the box" in the same way as it does now.

However, I still maintain that skin.confluence shouldn't be in the main XBMC repo, and that, perhaps during the configure stage, XBMC should fetch its default addons from the internet. Just my opinion.
I want to skin the Settings for an addon.

Looking at this thread it doesnt look like it is possible, correct?

If I did make it that clicking a button in the addon opens the Settings, I would be able to skin that window, but anyone right clicking on the addon and choosing Configure would get the skins default settings window. Right?
(2013-12-07, 03:53)Karnagious Wrote: I want to skin the Settings for an addon.

Looking at this thread it doesnt look like it is possible, correct?

If I did make it that clicking a button in the addon opens the Settings, I would be able to skin that window, but anyone right clicking on the addon and choosing Configure would get the skins default settings window. Right?

100% correct
I was hoping to be wrong Smile

Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How can an addon provide its own skin files?0