Onkyo Stream audio question
The groundwork:

First, I am very new to XBMC, and a new receiver. I am running Ubuntu 13.10, and just installed XBMC a few hours ago. My receiver is an Onkyo TX-NR616. The XBMC server is running in another room of the house, and is connected to my network. On my receiver I went to the Net connections, DLNA, and my XBMC server was automatically populated. When it connects, I am given 3 options Music Library, Video Library which is x'd out, and then Search. Going to search returns that that function is not supported. Going to the Music Library, I am presented with 9 options, Genre, Artists, Albums, Singles, Songs, Years, Top 100, Recently added Albums, and Recently played albums.

The dilema:

On my server (I did a fresh install of Ubuntu 13.10, then added VLC Player and XBMC). I added 22 songs (all mp3) to my user Music folder, I then started XBMC, added that folder to the search. In XBMC if I go to files, all 22 show, if I go to songs only 6 appear (My guess is that I need to tag or ID the other mp3's. I created a new playlist, and added all 22 songs to that playlist. Now when I go back to the home meny, select Music, and I go to the playlists, all of the mp3's show up. As you can see from above, my Onkyo options to not give me a playlist option. Also when I go to Songs, only 6 mp3's appear.

What I would like to see:

I want to be able to see the playlist that I created on my Onkyo, and then play that playlist. The playlist I am compiling is Christmas music, so that I can populate it and play it randomly. Right now I can see the 6 songs, and presumably will see the rest when I ID them properly, however if I add other types of music, it will get all kinds of messed up. I can go to Genre, but that is then split into Holiday, Christmas, and New Age, with a couple of songs in each, which I unable to randomly play with in each.

Thank you for your patience and help

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Onkyo Stream audio question0