XBMC Android and SMB Shares
Hi, I cannot figure out why on my android phone, when I click add videos, smb share, then select the computer I want, all I get is Workgroup. Then it asks me for a username/password.

On my Pc's, when I click on smb, and select the computer, it gives me a list of shared folders, which I select one, assign it a content type..done...

I've searched and searched, and cannot find any solution to this.

Any help would be great, thanks!
Are you saying that entering your username and password doesn't work?
Samba needs username and password as far as i know. NFS is the one that doesn't need login if you set it to auth a certain IP on server side. Perhaps on your PC, you enter it on the first time you made the samba connection, then the info was saved permanently.
No, never set any username or pass, even if I reformat server, all other pcs find my homegroup shares, by clicking on smb, but on android I cannot do this.
(2013-12-08, 02:53)accordex Wrote: No, never set any username or pass, even if I reformat server, all other pcs find my homegroup shares, by clicking on smb, but on android I cannot do this.

I had the same thing happen to me.
The pc is running Win7 64 and clicking "share", in the folder properties, would not work (xbmc wanted name/password).
After I shared the folder through the "advanced sharing" tab it worked properly.
Hope it's that easy for you.
For Windows 7 (etc..) your best bet is to check "Turn off password protected sharing" in the advanced sharing settings in the Network and Sharing Center (for the type of network you are connected to (ie. Work, Home, etc...)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Android and SMB Shares0