Help with DC3217IYE on Win 8.1
I have an Intel NUC DC3217IYE with 16GBs RAM and a 256GB ssd
I'm running Windows 8.1 64-bit
This is a fresh install, I did the following:

1) Installed Windows 8.1 64-bit and then did a Windows update to make sure I had the latest updates
2) Installed 2 drivers from Intel, the latest Graphics [GFX_Win7_Win8_Win8.1_64_10.18.10.3345] and network driver [PROWin8_64_18.7]
3) I then installed XBMC, 12.2
4) I updated my sources.xml and advancedsettings.xml, basically this allows me to connect to mySQL and share all my content across devices

Anyway.. I then made a couple of changes to my settings:

Under Settings | Video | Playback: I chose "Auto Detect" for Render Method. DXVA2 is off

Under Settings | System | Audio Output: I chose HDMI for audio output, 5.1 for speaker configuration and WASAPI for my audio output device and passthrough output device

Now, the problem, look at the blocks in this image: Image

It appears that the video is VC1 [it's a blu-ray rip of Above the Law]

Can someone help??

the image is here: http://imgur.com/Ol1arXF
I'm almost curtain that it's a driver issue. I still use the driver from December 2012 because the newer one didn't work for me.
I'm using Windows 7 (32b) and not 8(1), on the HTPC that has an HD 4000 GPU, so not knowing if the version below will work under W8.1

Production Version Release
Microsoft Windows* 7
Microsoft Windows* 8

Driver Revision: 15.28.12.2932 December 17, 2012
Kodi 19.1 Android/Google(TV) [ Shield TV Pro [64b] / Mi Box S [32b] / Mi Projector / Fire 4k TV stick / CC with Google TV ]
Kodi 19 [3D MVC build] Shuttle DH270 [Kaby Lake i3-7300/HD630 graphics - W10-1903]
For diagnostic purposes, I would just disconnect the mSATA and install XBMC frodo 12.2 on a usb drive to check if the hardware is OK. Assuming it's OK, then downgrading the graphic driver to see if the older driver would work. I have a new Haswell NUC I3 but am still waiting for the mSATA so cannot install Win8.1 yet. I do not see your changes in the settings to cause the unwatchable picture.
NUC D34010WYK, Wifi-BT 7260, G. Skill 8GB F3-1600C9S-8GRSL 1.35V, Yamaha RX-A1020, MyDigitalSSD 120GB
I was able to find a 64-bit Windows 8.0 version of the driver suggested by p750mmx

I'm seeing the same behavior in my Rush - Clockwork Angels blu-ray. If I don't turn DXAV2 on, I get about 3 seconds of smooth playing of the concert and then a slight pause and then 3-4 seconds of smooth playback. A tad bit annoying

I had ripped the blu-ray straight to a folder, no change in structure or compression of the disc

I went through a sampling of my movies that are 1080p truehd, dta-ma, etc and everything seems to be working flawlessly now!

thanks so much for the tip p750mmx!!!! my NUC is running exactly as I had hoped Smile Even my vc-1 stuff is playing WOW!!!
Ok, I got a little bit too excited: I started scanning my music library and it crashed. I get:

IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

and the pc doesn't reboot

i wonder if it's a problem with mySQL?
I bailed on using mySQL to sync content and then replaced the memory I had in the NUC
Since replacing this morning, about 3 hours ago, haven't had a crash while I had 2 before the RAM swap this morning
hopefully that'll fix it but i'm also finding another annoying problem:

My NUC goes to my Onkyo via HDMI and then off to the TV via HDMI
I'm using the HDMI port on the NUC farthest from the ethernet port
What I'm finding is that after I turn the receiver/TV back on the sound is no longer available, says something to the effect of device not found. Also, the XBMC screens looks like it's 4x the normal size and as such I can only see a quarter of the screen

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help with DC3217IYE on Win 8.10