notifiy when v13 comes out
is there a way to be notified when v13 comes out?
5 year XBMC user on iMac OS X
Have XBMC RSS feed on your box?
The Version Check add-on will also pop up a notice (can be configured, of course).
(2013-12-12, 00:41)Ned Scott Wrote: The Version Check add-on will also pop up a notice (can be configured, of course).

I just checked and it appears to be installed, and under 'configure' there are no options, other than "enable".

I've never seen it pop up a notice before (been using since v10)... is this relatively new? Will it pop up?
(2013-12-12, 13:48)asiajason Wrote:
(2013-12-12, 00:41)Ned Scott Wrote: The Version Check add-on will also pop up a notice (can be configured, of course).

I just checked and it appears to be installed, and under 'configure' there are no options, other than "enable".

I've never seen it pop up a notice before (been using since v10)... is this relatively new? Will it pop up?

The Version Check add-on is new to v12. The configuration I spoke of is enabled or disabled, which will enable notifications or disable notifications (logically). When a new stable version of XBMC is released, and the add-on is enabled, a pop up will show up telling you of the new version. It should actually happen in the next few days for XBMC v12.3.
Excellent - Thanks Ned!!!

Now I have a bit of a dilemma - as the nightly 12.2 I was using for several months was buggy in places - like pausing, ff, rev, and it had no access to the addons, so I backed up my entire XBMC system, and upgraded to a monthly 13 build last night (1dec alpha build), and all those things are working again. As long as it's working, do you see any reason for me to restore my 12.2 db, and upgrade to 12.3 in a week? Or should I just stick with the 1dec v13 build?

I'm not doing anything fancy other than watching shows, and with standard options and addons.

Your expert opinion is greatly appreciated!
If the alpha is working for you and non-buggy, there's no real reason to switch back. 12.2 and 12.3 are bug free releases, but that's not always necessary for every user.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
notifiy when v13 comes out0