Android xbmc & netflix solution
Very long time lurker here. I've used xbmc since it was called xbmp and have used it on several different platforms, but, not Android.

My setup consists of about 1200-1300 movies and I have no idea how many TV series served up via a 16tb raid server running linux. Media is a mix of MKV's and AVI's up to 1080p. No 3D. I am getting more 1080p content and my current ATV2's obviously aren't up to the task, as well as netflix is taking on more of a presence in the house. Everything is hardwired, no wireless. I have a projector which is running off a NUC (good for 1080p) but the three TV's need to have there media players upgraded and are all 1080p capable.

I've been looking into Android boxes and have narrowed it down to two, the Pivos XIOS and the MyGica ATV520. I've read the threads and would like an opinion on which will better suit my needs.

1080p playback of High Profile (4.1) MKV/MP4's and Netflix at 720p.

Any first hand experience with either? Better suggestions?

As always, thanks!
(2013-12-14, 03:12)toitle Wrote: Very long time lurker here. I've used xbmc since it was called xbmp and have used it on several different platforms, but, not Android.

My setup consists of about 1200-1300 movies and I have no idea how many TV series served up via a 16tb raid server running linux. Media is a mix of MKV's and AVI's up to 1080p. No 3D. I am getting more 1080p content and my current ATV2's obviously aren't up to the task, as well as netflix is taking on more of a presence in the house. Everything is hardwired, no wireless. I have a projector which is running off a NUC (good for 1080p) but the three TV's need to have there media players upgraded and are all 1080p capable.

I've been looking into Android boxes and have narrowed it down to two, the Pivos XIOS and the MyGica ATV520. I've read the threads and would like an opinion on which will better suit my needs.

1080p playback of High Profile (4.1) MKV/MP4's and Netflix at 720p.

Any first hand experience with either? Better suggestions?

As always, thanks!

From a quick read of the specs, the hardware look similar to the previous Rockchip RK3066 dual core rather than the current RK3188 quad core.

Have you considered the K-R42/MK888 http://www.freaktab.com/forumdisplay.php...88-Jesurun without Bluetooth or the T-R42/MK888B http://www.freaktab.com/forumdisplay.php...2-CX919-II with Bluetooth.

The JustXBMC ROM's for these boxes look great!

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?7...k-r42-quot
Perfect! Thank you rceccleston, this is exactly the kind of info I was looking for!

The T-R42 looks to be a great contender at just a few bux more than than the ATV520. It looks to have a strong support community behind it as well. Anyone have one of these things here? How do you like it?
Have you considered ouya? I know much about the others you listed but I love my ouya especially for $100.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc & netflix solution0