Refering to images in an addon (that's not a skin)
Hi,

I just want confirmation of something. In a previous post Hitcher said to put skin files under /resources/skin/Default/media. See here.. One thing I was expecting to be able to do was put images in here and then refer to the image just by its file name:

Code:
<control type="image">
    <left>15</left>
    <top>60</top>
    <width>375</width>
    <height>500</height>
    <texture border="0,5,0,5">bunny.png</texture>
</control>

Where bunny.png is a file under /resources/skin/Default/media/. The addon structure documentation suggests (to my mind) that this is so. However it's difficult to determine if the information provided there is xbmc community convention (ie its nice if you do this) or xbmc coded support (ie your life will be a lot easier if you do this)

My feeling now is that the advice to put images under /resources/skins/Default/media is just convention. Can someone confirm this?

What I wanted to avoid is having to pass in path references to the addon in order to display an image under the addons resources.

However, given that I've forked skin.confluence I can just put them under my fork.
The post you refer to talks about a program addon, like a chat application or something that needs it's own user interface.

The reason to place images in that addon media folder is that it's content can be overwritten by identically named content the skin's media folder.

Allowing a skin to design images for the addon that blend in with the skin design.
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Refering to images in an addon (that's not a skin)0