dual audio output frodo, 2 sound cards
Hi, I'm sick of searching 50+ page threads on dual audio. Maybe someone can just answer my question.

First of all, my HTPC ran windows XP up until a few months ago. I could use Frodo and get dual audio output from my system. Then I 'upgraded' to Windows 7... dual audio no longer worked. Even tho from the look of the XBMC audio settings page in Frodo there was clearly 2 audio devices listed, a primary and a passthru device. Trouble was I couldn't get them both to output at the same time? I ended up downgrading XBMC to Eden and running a patch that I found in the forums here so that I can have 5.1 sound in the living room and stereo output to my multi-room system at the same time.

This would all be fine but the RTI remote I use to run my house has a better driver for Frodo. I loose some functions on my remote when I'm running Eden.
So my question is:

Can I use Win7, the on-board sound and a sound card to make dual audio output work with Frodo?

Thought it might be quicker to ask than to upgrade XBMC again, install the card and find out it doesn't work and have to change it all back.
You can use Linux and configure a custom alsa device to meet your needs.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
dual audio output frodo, 2 sound cards0