AMD A10-5700 Computer with Onboard Graphics with only DVI
Need the forum opinion on this computer to run XBMC. The purchased the computer at a great price before it sold out over the weekend.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6883148131

Based on my research, the motherboard only has a VGA and DVI connection. No HDMI.. I don't want to add a new video card. How can I get audio and video from the computer? Please advise.
DVI to HDMI lead for video. S/PDIF for audio.
Will the audio performance be as good as the performance via a HDMI cable?
I would have thought so. It also gives you the option of running the audio through a cinema amp. Plus, many TV's only accept 2 channel audio over HDMI anyway.
(2013-12-23, 18:13)black_eagle Wrote: DVI to HDMI lead for video. S/PDIF for audio.

(2013-12-23, 19:10)black_eagle Wrote: I would have thought so. It also gives you the option of running the audio through a cinema amp. Plus, many TV's only accept 2 channel audio over HDMI anyway.

The setup will include a receiver...
You cannot bitstream Dolby True-HD/DTS Master Audio over SPDIF. It has to be over HDMI. If that matters to you.

How much was it selling for?
(2013-12-23, 19:56)Dougie Fresh Wrote: You cannot bitstream Dolby True-HD/DTS Master Audio over SPDIF. It has to be over HDMI. If that matters to you.

How much was it selling for?

$260 with free shipping.. So it looks like I need to add a video card....
What's good about an A10-5700 is the integrated GPU. If you have to add a video card I would say it's not worth it. You could build your own for less using an HDMI motherboard.
(2013-12-23, 21:09)Dougie Fresh Wrote: What's good about an A10-5700 is the integrated GPU. If you have to add a video card I would say it's not worth it. You could build your own for less using an HDMI motherboard.

If it's not a good deal, I guess I need to return it. Do you agree?
If you already have it, that's a different matter since there's the time and hassle involved. I'd just go SPDIF and live without the HD audio bitstreaming. DD5.1/DTS will work fine over SPDIF.
(2013-12-23, 21:09)Dougie Fresh Wrote: What's good about an A10-5700 is the integrated GPU. If you have to add a video card I would say it's not worth it. You could build your own for less using an HDMI motherboard.

Can you provide some details on a build that is cheaper than the computer I just purchased. Windows 8 was included as well.
As a point of order, I was able to use an AMD DVI->HDMI adaptor and get HDMI audio with it on my Gigabyte A75-DH3 mobo. That was an older Llano chipset and I dunno if it was unique to the chipset, the mobo or what, but maybe other AMD APUs support DVI + HDMI /w HDMI Audio using the AMD branded adaptor?
(2013-12-23, 22:32)pglover19 Wrote:

Can you provide some details on a build that is cheaper than the computer I just purchased. Windows 8 was included as well.

Dougie Fresh,

Can you provide some details on a build that is cheaper than the computer I just purchased.
(2013-12-24, 14:20)pglover19 Wrote:
(2013-12-23, 22:32)pglover19 Wrote:

Dougie Fresh,

Can you provide some details on a build that is cheaper than the computer I just purchased.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=94199

there you go

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AMD A10-5700 Computer with Onboard Graphics with only DVI0