XMBC crash when "Import WMC channel icons when found" is selected in ServerWMC
Thank you for XBMC + ServerWMC.

New XBMC user. Long-time WMC user. Very easy install. Everything was working great (except no captions support?). Then I installed MCL XL, with "Import WMC channel icons when found" selected. Remote XBMC remote clients fail at startup. NOTE: Local XBMC client is OK.

Remote XMBC clients start ok if "Import WMC channel icons..." is deselected.

The error on the remote XMBC client is from Microsoft Visual C++ Debug Library:
Debug Assertion Failed!
Program: C:\Program Files(x86)\XBMC\XMBC.exe
File: c:\program files (x86)\microsoft visual studio 10.0\vc\include vector
Line:932
Expression: vector subscript out of range

NOTE: The ServerWMC.log contains:
2013/12/24 14:14:56.697 SocketServer::ReceiveCallback> System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path '\\MEDIAPC\Recorded TV\TempXBMC\imageCache\channelIcons\cwtv_c.png' is denied.

The "...\imageCache\channelIcons" folder is empty on the ServerWMC host.

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

ServerWMC.log: http://pastebin.com/3WLADAaC
XBMC.log: http://pastebin.com/3tP3L17e
This sounds like a permission issue on your recorded TV share. Check your permissions that should resolve your issue.
Hmmm. I had "Everyone Read (only)". I changed it to "Everyone Full Control". XBMC remote client started up OK, and shows the new MCL XL channel icons in the channel list. I changed permissions on the Recorded TV share back to "Everyone Read (only)", restarted both the host and client, and everything is working OK.

So, it does appear to be resolved. BUT, not obvious to me why the problem occurred, or went away. Permissions are now the same as they were when the problem was occurring.

QUESTION: Is "Everyone Read (only)" sufficient access? Seems like only the server should need any additional (e.g. write and full control) access.

Thanks for the tip. I should have experimented with that before posting. But didn't see why giving full control would matter. And it doesn't appear that it does, but changing it to Full Control and back to Read Only has "fixed" the problem.
(2013-12-25, 01:12)Parmenides Wrote: Hmmm. I had "Everyone Read (only)". I changed it to "Everyone Full Control". XBMC remote client started up OK, and shows the new MCL XL channel icons in the channel list. I changed permissions on the Recorded TV share back to "Everyone Read (only)", restarted both the host and client, and everything is working OK.

So, it does appear to be resolved. BUT, not obvious to me why the problem occurred, or went away. Permissions are now the same as they were when the problem was occurring.

QUESTION: Is "Everyone Read (only)" sufficient access? Seems like only the server should need any additional (e.g. write and full control) access.

Thanks for the tip. I should have experimented with that before posting. But didn't see why giving full control would matter. And it doesn't appear that it does, but changing it to Full Control and back to Read Only has "fixed" the problem.

Hi. When serverwmc detects a remote client connection, it takes the wmc icons it finds and copies them to the shared 'recorded tv' folder using a network path. When it was write protected this copy was failing. When you turned off write protection, it was able to copy the icons. When you set it back to write protected, it didn't crash because it didn't need to copy the icons anymore - they were already there.

Thanks for catching this, serverwmc should fail gracefully when this happens. I'll fix this. Happy holidays to you too.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XMBC crash when "Import WMC channel icons when found" is selected in ServerWMC0