RPI/OpenElec/Amber questions
I installed Amber and it looks very good. However a few problems of which I wonder how to solve these:

1. The 'selection lines' are very thin and almost invisible making for many errors. Is there a way I can change that? In the enclosed screen print 'bestanden' is the selected line but this is hardly visible.

2. The TV has no CEC so I use my iPhone to control XBMC. But very often it lags behind. So if I press a button 3 times nothing happens and then suddenly 3 times the button is effected. The Wifi connection is problem less. Where to look to improve this?

3. Is there a way to use VNC to control the RPI from my iMac? I tried installing this HTPC-Manager but cannot get this working.

Any help is appreciated
Do you use Openelec? I had to overclock my Pi and use a USB Drive as Storage Partition to get a usable skin performance.
ASRock Beebox J3160 4GB RAM 120GB SATA SSD - Harmony Elite BT
Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH 4GB RAM 120GB SATA SSD - Harmony Smart Control BT
all @ Libreelec Testbuild
HP N54L @ Ubuntu 14.04.4 Minimal Server / MySQL DB
HP N40L @ Ubuntu 14.04.4 Minimal Server
The Amber question is not Pi specific and is better asked in the Amber thread:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=172623

The UI and video playback is hardware accelerated and not visible to the arm side, so VNC won't work as default.
There is a raspbmc extension to support VNC, but I wouldn't recommend it.
The amount of data that needs to be sent is huge, and it will be very slow.

Why do you want this? For remote control, the iPhone, or using the web interface is much more efficient.
For managing the library, a second xbmc install with a shared MySQL database would be better.
cant you just use the webserver to control your rpi from your mac?
Thx to everybody.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RPI/OpenElec/Amber questions0