Solved opengl driver?
I am having the same issue as that found here:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1565461

---cliff notes---
I tried starting XBMC and an information window appeared saying:

XBMC needs hardware accelerated OpenGL rendering.
Install an appropriate graphics driver.
--------------------

This suggests I uninstalled the driver. how did that happen? what
should I install? I thought perhaps 'apt-get install opengl' but the
repository includes only opengl-4.2-html-doc and opengl-4.2-man-doc
which seems to be the documentation.

I read the proposed solution:

This problem usually pops up if you've gotten a Linux kernel update but haven't rebooted into the new kernel. If you restart X while still on the old kernel the Nvidia driver shits its pants.

Another problems I have con-current with the opengl issue is that when I try to load gmail the first page appears (the page with the progress bar) and the progress bar shows a little blue but freezes (becomes unresponsive). Any other web page I've tried to load becomes unresponsive the moment after I hit he return key. A final issue is that firefox will not even start. A gray box appears and disappears after half a second. As such I'm stuck in konqueror.
This morning I thought that perhaps a reboot will fix it and it caused chromium to work but I left the computer for for a bit and when I returned chromium was 'unresposive'. I figured restarting it would fix it but still chromium is 'unresponsive'. Does this help in figuring out a solution?
You dont mention which gpu, os, version of xbmc or anything really helpful so the best i can say is Install/reinstall the graphics driver, not the opengl packages.
os is mint (ubuntu derivative)
I run frodo
gpu (I guess) is:
$ lspci | grep VGA
00:01.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI Wrestler [Radeon HD 6250]
This is from memory but yoy need something like :
sudo apt-get install fglrx
you remembered correctly! And that seems to have fixed it all. Thanks. Now we'll see if it was only a fix 'for a limited time'.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
opengl driver?0