• 14(current)
Release Security CAM Overlay add-on
Hi Dam0

have you filled out all 6 cams. You have to put all 6 Adresses right. Just try your adress first at a browser window and then copy it into the url adress window. If you have less than 6 cams fill the rest with your working adress.

Or delete the rest of the cams in the default.py script.

by.
thank you for the very quick reply.

i have loaded each of the "test urls" into chrome, and they each load images fine.

i then loaded one of the urls into all 6 of the cam inputs, i still get the same pil error...

i wonder if its due to me having python 2.7 installed on my system as well as inside xbmc?

D.
seems my problem is my platform:-(

Code:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=164995

some success...

when triggered from 950mhz rpi, sometimes, the scripts times out and gives an error for me when using those links, but if i retry the addon, the 6 x images appear.
Hey guys, I'd ask that you take the discussion regarding the multiple camera fork to another thread.
(2015-01-28, 16:18)iolaus Wrote: Hey guys, I'd ask that you take the discussion regarding the multiple camera fork to another thread.

Here's a new thread to keep this one on topic http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=218815
Leopold's Repository: Home of LibreELEC Dev Updater ...
Hi,
I'm new to Kodi. I'm using OSMC on my Raspberry Pi 2 and I want to view cameras that are exposed via TCP port 34567 (it can be viewed using vmeyesuper on my phone). Could you please tell me if it is possible to do that with this addon or on the Pi in general?
This addon only supports retrieving jpg snapshots via HTTP. If the camera (or client software) can serve jpg snapshots over HTTP you're golden, otherwise I'd suggest exploring other solutions.
Can someone confirm that the plugin works correctly with the latest version of Kodi?
At my setup, running openelec 5.0.6 (Kodi 14.2) at a raspberry pi with an EasyN 166 ipcamera, the camera seems to respond very poorly and I just get a glimpse of the image for less than a second after waiting for 7-8 seconds upon I run the addon.
The url I use is of the "http://x.x.x.x:81/snapshot.cgi?user=x&pwd=x" type.
I am not sure if the issue is connected, trying to play the cameras' videostream url directly from Kodi does nothing (in previous version it used to show flickering green screen). Camera is set correctly, I confirm that I can get image both from browser and from my mobile using the above url, but not from kodi.
Does this work with Dropcams?
Does anyone have the knowledge on how to mod this addon with the possibility to set <zorder>xxx</zorder> or how to reposition the image from its default (right down corner)?
My problem is that I do a "pause" on the player while displaying the image (doorbell concept) but the DVD/BR "cover" for the movie is always on-top of the webcam image.
(2015-04-26, 09:46)alpoy Wrote: Does anyone have the knowledge on how to mod this addon with the possibility to set <zorder>xxx</zorder> or how to reposition the image from its default (right down corner)?
My problem is that I do a "pause" on the player while displaying the image (doorbell concept) but the DVD/BR "cover" for the movie is always on-top of the webcam image.

aploy,

The code you're looking for can be found on lines 41 & 43 in default.py.

Line 41 controls the location of the image window which is calculated based the Kodi UI units (1280x720) and the size of the webcam image (also scaled to Kodi UI units).

Line 43 deals with setting up the animation for the window (sliding in and out) and could be disabled or removed all together if you didn't want to deal with it.
Ah, perfect! Thanks iolaus!

For those who want to know, to position the image in the lower left corner I changed the
self.image = xbmcgui.ControlImage(COORD_GRID_WIDTH - scaledWidth, COORD_GRID_HEIGHT - scaledHeight, scaledWidth, scaledHeight, __icon__)
to
self.image = xbmcgui.ControlImage(0, COORD_GRID_HEIGHT - scaledHeight, scaledWidth, scaledHeight, __icon__)

And to fix the animation:
self.image.setAnimations([('WindowOpen', 'effect=slide start=%d time=1000 tween=cubic easing=in'%(scaledWidth),), ('WindowClose', 'effect=slide end=%d time=1000 tween=cubic easing=in'%(scaledWidth),)])
to
self.image.setAnimations([('WindowOpen', 'effect=slide start=%d time=1000 tween=cubic easing=in'%(-scaledWidth),), ('WindowClose', 'effect=slide end=%d time=1000 tween=cubic easing=in'%(-scaledWidth),)])
Hello!
I would like to use motion with Kodi. I have two Raspi: one with motion and other one with Kodi installed (on my TV). I have Multi CAM installed, and I would like to see cameras from first raspi. I've just set IP in script configuration, but it does not work. My cameras are published in 192.168.1.100:8001 and 192.168.1.100:8002 in my LAN. I can see both perfectly with firefox in computer, but not in Kodi (TV). What should I do to use this script??

Thanks in advance
(2015-06-07, 12:08)pvarela Wrote: Hello!
I would like to use motion with Kodi. I have two Raspi: one with motion and other one with Kodi installed (on my TV). I have Multi CAM installed, and I would like to see cameras from first raspi. I've just set IP in script configuration, but it does not work. My cameras are published in 192.168.1.100:8001 and 192.168.1.100:8002 in my LAN. I can see both perfectly with firefox in computer, but not in Kodi (TV). What should I do to use this script??

Thanks in advance

The url you are pointing to needs to provide a still image (most likely jpg). My guess is the feed you're seeing in Firefox is not a still image but rather a page displaying the video feed. As you mentioned you're using Multi Cam I'd suggest you check out that forum thread for additional assistance.
I would try to use the gui in firefox. Most of these webcam/securitycam guis have a button for a still image. From the still image page you may be able to find the address of the image itself.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Security CAM Overlay add-on1