XBMC on 1280x800 Bay Trail Tablet - Mirroring Issues
Hi all... new to this forum.

Hardware:
Toshiba WT8 Bay Trail Tablet (Intel Ivy Bridge Based Graphics) Micro HDMI; 1280x800 built in screen. Win 8.1
Onkyo 606 7.1 Receiver
Samsung LNT5271f TV

I had an idea - that the ideal HTPC would be a tablet with HDMI connected and high speed wireless streaming from a NAS. The need for "remote" would be eliminated as you have the fully functional screen - right in front of you - with touch.

Then Bay Trail came out, I got excited, and purchased a Toshiba Encore WT8 tablet for $270 after tax.

The screen is 1280 x 800, not ideal, but my girlfriend's macbook pro is 1280x800 and works great as a HTPC with mirroring XBMC in full 1080p. When the TV is connected, the macbook automatically sets the internal display to 1080p via GPU / OS scaling. Text is not perfect, but still perfectly usable in XBMC.

Thus, I figured the low resolution would be a minor inconvenience...

Apparently not. No matter what I try, I can not get this damn thing to mirror with 1080p on the TV. The only thing that works is Ultramon, but that only works on the desktop, wont work with XBMC and is horrible and useless with refresh rates. It's not a solution.

With the standard intel drivers, only extended desktop will work. Mirroring will simply not enable. I can get it to mirror 1280x800 in a small window on the TV - but obviously this is not acceptable.

After much googling, I discovered a method for netbook owners to get higher then native resolutions to work on their ~1024x600 screens. They simply enable a registy key that allows "resolution down scaling" allowing to display 1280x800 on a lower res screen with intel integrated graphics on much older platforms. Perfect. This is what I need, and this is what my GF's macbook does AUTOMATICALLY.

But it just doesn't work. I enabled all of the reg keys, and the new higher resolutions do not appear.

I have also tried to create a custom monitor INF file, where I specified the ideal and max resolution for the internal display as 1080p; no dice. I simply can't select higher then 1280x800 in the display settings.

I tried adding custom unsupported resolutions via the intel tool in windows/system32. No dice. They add, but can't select them.

Anyone have a clue, or do I need a 1080p tablet? :-(
I need to return the tablet within a couple days ...
My only hope is Intel support.... hah yeah right.
I don't have this issue with my Surface Pro, which is running on Windows 8.1 and Intel HD4000. Since you are connecting it to AVR, you might want to set AVR to passthrough video in monitor and hardware settings. AVR can mess up mirror too....
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC on 1280x800 Bay Trail Tablet - Mirroring Issues0