• 3(current)
Linux PulseAudio Sink
In case you haven't read it, have a look at this link it has quite a lot of information more towards the halfwy mark to bottom which may aid you in hacking together some workaround.
@uNiversal: All fine, you don't need to help him. He is helping me a lot for finding that bug.

@evanpurkhiser: Thanks for the output. It's completely the same on Ubuntu 13.10 / Debian 4.0 - so the issue must be more way down.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Mmh, but in deed, there was something in that link, that made me think:

Code:
load-module module-stream-restore restore_device=false

Let's see what ubuntu does here and what Arch does. Will try.

Quote:Also, I've run into a slightly more frustrating case than with mpd not removing it's sink-input when paused. I've setup a tunnel-sink from my desktop to my HTPC so I can play audio from my desktop on some nicer speakers. Unfortunately it looks like this keeps a sink-input open at all times Sad I have to make sure to manually kill it before siting down to watch a ac3/dts movie.

Can you compare the idle attributes? E.g. is there a difference between this virtual and the normal sinks?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Here is my default.pa configuration if that helps at all.
(2014-01-17, 11:45)fritsch Wrote: Can you compare the idle attributes? E.g. is there a difference between this virtual and the normal sinks?

I do see that my tunnel-sink on my desktop currently has the attribute 'state: SUSPENDED' with 'suspend cause: IDLE'. On the HTPC I still see the sink-input connected to the sink with the state 'CORKED'. Even more annoying is that it has the 'DONT_MOVE' flag set, so I can't move it to the null sink to keep the connection alive. So when I kill it on my htpc I have to reload the tunnel-sink module on my desktop.

I will probably get around this by creating a NULL sink on my HTPC and connecting the tunnel-sink to that. Then using the loopback module to connect the monitor of that sink to my actual hardware sink. Then I should be able to kill the loopback sink-input when I want to use passthrough. This is still annoying, but atleast I wont have to reload the tunnel-sink on my desktop since it will stay connected to the null sink on my htpc.

Edit: That works but it definitely introduces a bit of latency >_<
Edit2: Ahh! But it's not so bad when setting the latency_msec=50 ish on the loopback module Big Grin
While debugging I found an issue with my device enumeration and opening code. That's fixed now :-)

One could not even switch away from the default device.
Can someone upload English versions of the screenshots in first post with same settings exaclty pls

Thats for wiki and I been told English preferred.
Will do that, when I am at home.
Ok, thanks... While you at it... Get matching XBMC audio settings screenies, you know, for the children... think of the children Wink
lol
wiki page is up PulseAudio (wiki), anyone welcome to go and improve it, grammar etc etc.
What in the case of a dual-seat (XBMC/Ubuntu) setup? Smile

It used to work beautifully with the "official" Ubuntu package (UI & movie sounds, though I now understand why some HD passthrough didn't work).

Yesterday I installed the team-XBMC stable PPA (I need the PVR backend) and sound is now gone.

I think I should force XBMC to hook up to ALSA directly, since I don't need a pulseaudio overlay as it it the single user/application in his seat.
No. That's a gotham feature. team xbmc ppa stable does not have this PASink.
@Franz: Thanks very much.
Oh, ok. Sorry I'm confusing the version names.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PulseAudio Sink0