• 7(current)
Android HOW-TO Configure Advanced Launcher and Rom Collection Browser for emulators
I finally got mine working for the AFTV. If you're having trouble, trying reinstalling the emulator or trying a different one. I could never get RCB to recognize NES.emu so I installed NESopia. Once I did that, it recognized it was installed and worked with no issues. It was all automatic and didn't require any of the tweaks in the first post.
Where did you get the NESopia apk?
Honestly, I don't remember. I either it from the play store or found it on Google.
I tried this for the first time without going through all those steps in on the first page. Everything worked fine...I got a game description nfo file and when I clicked on an entry the game opened fine in its emulator. Only problem is for some strange reason it didn't download any artwork!!! Which is a really bummer really. Big Grin

If anyone knows why I'd love to know!
Pull launchers.xml from:

Code:
/sdcard/Android/data/com.semperpax.spmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/plugin.program.advanced.launcher/launchers.xml
( change the "com.semperpax.spmc" to whatever version of xbmc you have installed )

Open launchers.xml and under "launchers" look for the emulator you added ( this would be the name you chose when you set the title of the launcher ) and you should see the following line:

I was with you right till this point I am using a android set top box I'm unsure how to get this .xml file and how to edit it when I do a serch through a file browser it's right on track until the folder of the version on xbmc I have then it's empty thanKS for the help and all the hard work
sorry but how do I get it to select and android app as the emulator it won't even let me look in that folder to select it
I'm dumb.

Add-On Settings is where it's at.

That is all.
Can someone update the main list on the front page and add this for PPSSPP Gold edition.

start -n org.ppsspp.ppssppgold/.PpssppActivity -e org.ppsspp.ppssppgold.Shortcuts "%rom%"

It took me a while to figure out why RCB wasn't working for me. After messing with it for 3 hours, I finally figured it out. I'm sure that others who purchase the gold edition of PPSSPP will have trouble with PPSSPP until the Emulator Arguments are changed.

The list helped me!

Thanks!
Really noob question i know but i am trying to set this up for Atari games. I installed a working emulator, tried a couple to see if they installed directly but they are installed in the system where i can not navigate to to tell kodi it is there. Am i missing something?
Actually MAME4droid (0.139u1) can be launched with intents (arguments) as I emailed the developer about it. He referred me to the ARC browser who uses it. He responded with this email:

The way I launch roms is a bit different from RCB though, but I think it would look something like this for MAME4droid with RCB:

am start -a android.intent.action.VIEW -n com.seleuco.mame4droid/com.seleuco.mame4droid.MAME4droid -d "file://%rom%"

It's possible the last part should be -eu Uri "file://%rom%" instead of -d "file://%rom%"

​Best regards,

Kim Johnsson
Just wanted to say big ups for this! I have setup NES/SNES/NDS so far and have more to go. I am using the RCB setup with Gotham and it is slick as silk! Wish this was way easier like just selecta path for roms folder and emulator without all the crazy command stuff jeez lol.
reicast no long works with that argument and not sure whats changed.. any ideas
Wish this was way easier like just selects path for roms folder and emulator without all the crazy command stuff.
Hello all,

i bought a new Amazon Fire TV Box and installed Kodi + appropriate Emulator with ADBFire, as well as RCB. The AFT is a German one where I couldn't get root access, like I read on the web.

If I start RCB I could see the installed Emulator, for instance for NES or SNES. I choose them and leave the default emulator arguments, chose the ROM folder on my SDCard and Artwork. But when scrapping for information online I get the error message that the Artworks file couldn't be created.

I read in the web, that Kodi hasn't got write privileges for SDCard so I chose a folder on the AFT, but got still the same error.

After no idea I tried this guide but after the first step with advanced launcher I reloaded Kodi but couldn add any games or even launch them.

Do you have any idea? Please help a newbie.
(2015-11-13, 04:54)OverDhill Wrote: Actually MAME4droid (0.139u1) can be launched with intents (arguments) as I emailed the developer about it. He referred me to the ARC browser who uses it. He responded with this email:

The way I launch roms is a bit different from RCB though, but I think it would look something like this for MAME4droid with RCB:

am start -a android.intent.action.VIEW -n com.seleuco.mame4droid/com.seleuco.mame4droid.MAME4droid -d "file://%rom%"

It's possible the last part should be -eu Uri "file://%rom%" instead of -d "file://%rom%"

​Best regards,

Kim Johnsson

Did you ever get the MAME working? Ive tried with what you've said but no luck
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO Configure Advanced Launcher and Rom Collection Browser for emulators6