python question can you help?
hi i just installed evox and avalaunch on my xbox. i installed a few scripts but they aren't working. can anyone assist me with this. they dont even start and say cant access site or anything. am i missing a file or do i need to add something to my xbox to make the scripts work?

oh yeah in xbmc movie trailers give me an error about not being able to parse. in evox i get an ip address in avalaunch i get no link i've disabled dhcp and used static in avalaunch. i'm toying around with it some more now. can anyone who's been through the process before inform me of something i need to do in order to make the python scripts work.

thanks a million in advance even if you only read my post.

ok so i followed these instructions which arent very clear either.

from there you will need to download python23.zlib and the lib & spyce folder. once you have these files & folders, you can ftp them to your xbox into the [xbmc]/python folder.
after doing this, xbmc will be ready to run most of the scripts available to you.

do i download each individual file for each of those folder into three different folders and then ftp that into xbmc?
if you didnt build your release yourself it is likely setup for that stuff. on your homescreen do you have an rss feed?
or can you access weather data? i would suspect that you are having internet issues.
yeah i definitely am making my own set up. first time but i'm trying. i've tried mirc chat but no help. i can read my weather, i load to evox open media center go into it and check to see if pythons work straight from evox but it doesn't. i then from within xbmc launch avalaunch. my old set up would have avalaunch giving me the rss feeds. this one doesn't at all. so i'm not sure what's the deal. i'm trying my best with this but it's getting difficult now. with the little issues.

i dont have the python zib file in my xbmc, nor the spyce folder, nor the lib folkder. i'm just wondering if that' the issue and can anyone at all point me in the direction of a python file tutorial. meaning exactly<<< what files to get for it to work in xbmc.
ok so i have the weather working now, i'm getting rss feed on avalaunch x. i am now able to access update dash but it has an error opening. i tried to extract an xbmc update from it but it wouldnt extract. says unable to extract.

i get the pythons to say running. but then i press the white button but it says page not defined.

any ideas?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
python question can you help?0