Linux AHEM! Let me clear my throat...
True dat, @Soul_Est...Confused
(2014-02-03, 10:47)rogern Wrote: My future NAS setups will be with some of these

They holds 20 hdd bays but i am not sure wich mainboards to use when 4K/8K is thereWink

These is not ment for E-ATX eighter an will not be so deep as E-ATX racks gets and cheap

I use one of those Norco cases and also a 24 bay version, good for fairly cheap hot swap storage.
Why no ZFS?
My good god....

I do not want to know what your power bill is, never mind what your budget is for dead or dying drives withing that 128 drive array..... I have an 8 drive FreeNAS server (Older Dual Xeon HP work station heavily modded) broken into two RAIDz arrays, totaling 12.7 usable TB of storage space, and my power bill went up by $25 a month to keep it running 24/7......
HTPC - i3-3240 Processor | Asus P8H77-I Mobo | 8 GB PC3 12800 DDR3 | 60 GB SSD | Windows 8.1 w/ XBMC Frodo
NAS Server - Dual Xeon E5440 Quad Core | 32 GB DDR2 ECC | 4 X 2TB Western Digital RED | RAIDz | FreeNAS
Sorry, this has to be said.

Impressive as hell what you have done. I showed this to a buddy at work who is also hella impressed, but you know what he took away from all of this? The CRT monitor in the top left corner attached to the old school 486 / Pentium box below it. It was worth good laugh. The only thing that would be even more impressive than this setup, is managing and running this entire setup from that box.

But seriously, love this setup.......
HTPC - i3-3240 Processor | Asus P8H77-I Mobo | 8 GB PC3 12800 DDR3 | 60 GB SSD | Windows 8.1 w/ XBMC Frodo
NAS Server - Dual Xeon E5440 Quad Core | 32 GB DDR2 ECC | 4 X 2TB Western Digital RED | RAIDz | FreeNAS
Is that picture in the first post your actual setup? Or is it just from this article?

http://www.ecotarget.com/technology/what...r-business

It would be nice to see pics of your personal setup.
Quote:Is that picture in the first post your actual setup? Or is it just from this article?

http://www.ecotarget.com/technology/what...r-business

When I saw that there was yet another post in this thread, I was about to comment that you should stop feeding the troll, but that is a priceless find!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Oh snap! Busted.....
yeah - i called bullshit on this 1/15/15 here - http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1893332 thread should get deleted or moved the the bin.
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
It's a shame people feel the need to bullshit.
I don't know what to do with this thread. For now I'll demote it from "showcase" to the normal hardware thread. I don't want to flat out delete it, because it's just such a nice example of his BS that I'd like to keep around. Then again, maybe it was a trolling all along and it should just be deleted?
We should open a Humor / Bullshit Section on the forums just for the laughs and creative types to express the wildest Kodi fantasies Wink

Winner Each year gets a pile of . . . .

At first i thought this thread was a joke, now i wondering how I would fit these under my TV
Very funny indeed. I saw the image and already had my doubts. Just by thinking technically "Why would someone create a storage array in such an ineffecient way"

Then he started talking about object storage for a block storage purpose and i was sold Smile
This looks like a great thread to finally post a picture of the home theater I built with popsicle sticks all by myself last weekend.

Mine has 129 x 4TB drives and goes to 11.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AHEM! Let me clear my throat...0