Bedroom tv, wall mount help
Hi, I'm looking for the best hardware for an xbmc install. TV will be wall mounted in a walkway in the bedroom.

So I'm thinking dongle or something I can stck on the back but only about 1 inch of clearence on the back.

Other issues is the remote, I'd rather it be dedicated than xbmc remote on a phone, and if device is behind the tv, then probably going to be dealing with IR issues, so rf or Bluetooth is probably more ideal.

Ideally I want to use wifi.

Last ideally is 1080p. I've been thinking of testing a pi but the remote, wifi, and 720p concerns has caused me to play the waiting game.

I have xbmc on an ion win7, Xbox, and ipad ios.

I've also considered mircast as a way to solve my problem but would like a wife friendly solution.

Thanks for any help.
Small computer like a revo or nuc velcroed or cable tied to back of tv. Bluetooth dongle and ps3 bluray remote. Or usb ir receiver above or below tv. Or look at hdmi-cec (pi had it built in)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
both intel boxes mentioned might be to thick but good advice as it still might be the best option.

anyone else?

i guess i could settle for 720p on a pi but curious about the sticks
the pi can handle 1080p movies,
but it depents on what quality/size 1080p source.
for my kids movie i use AVCHD size's arround 8-9 GB and they play without any issue even the the few 13GB's i got.
also tried a few Blu-Ray remuxs and they where playable if they had 2.0 audio on it and it didn't need to downmux the audio (most of my remux have only HD audio and my TV doesn't support it)
if the pi needed to downmux the audio it would stutter.
i had it connected with CAT6 cable to my network to stream the video
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?
(2014-01-19, 11:43)jg1395 Wrote: both intel boxes mentioned might be to thick but good advice as it still might be the best option.

anyone else?

i guess i could settle for 720p on a pi but curious about the sticks

Are you married to that mount or can you get one that gives more space?

If you can't change it, and it is to be permanent, can you remove the sheetrock on the wall behind the TV and make an 'alcove ' to put a small pc in?

Not sure what you mean by 'sticks'.

And anyway, try a pi, what have you got to lose, like $40 or $50?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
To do it right- you might want to consider replacing the existing wall mount with this "VideoSecu Articulating". I have a couple of these wall mounts in the house. It is very sturdy. It allow us to move the LEDTV from the wall, and it can be tilted at multiple angles too. With this wall mount, you should be able to mount any Mini-PC behind the LEDTV. Acer Revo RL80-UR2 and Intel D34010WYK NUC Kit, Core i3-4010 are two excellent choices. You'll have more time watching movie than trying to make the lesser HTPC work.....
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bedroom tv, wall mount help0