Req Improve Recommended Episodes
In /addons/service.skin.widgets/default.py, the "_fetch_tvshows_recommended" method retrieves an unplayed Episode for recently watched Shows.

However, the current implementation just grabs the first Episode it finds with "playcount=0", rather than looking for one AFTER a viewed episode later in the series.

This isn't ideal for shows like "The Colbert Report" or "Late Night" where you may have hundreds of unwatched episodes (that you want to keep unwatched), but are looking for the one that aired last night. (Yes, switching to Recent Episodes gives you that, but then the older series you're watching are unavailable.)

A simple and ideal solution would be to improve the query to retrieve the first "playcount=0" after the Show's most recent "lastplayed" episode.

I took a crack at updating the json queries myself, but wasn't able to add "episodeid > x " to the filter list because the service didn't like "episodeid" as a filter. I played around with adding a third query but couldn't get that to work for some unknown reason and have run out of time.

If anyone can figure out how to do this, I think it would make a nice addition to XBMC, especially the Metropolis skin, which nicely displays these shows on the home screen for easy access.
This is a good idea! There should be two ways of giving the next episode:

- Oldest unwatched episode
- First unwatched episode after latest watched episode

Maybe each TV-show can remember what you did last time and change to that strategy (e.g. picking an episode before or after the last watched episode makes it decide its modus)
The Real Skimshady
Really all you need is to see the unwatched episode following the one you just watched, regardless of the state of earlier episodes. That covers both cases. If you want to watch earlier, you just go back and do so, and then the recommended episode will be the one after what you just watched.

If you haven't watched any, set it to the first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Improve Recommended Episodes0