Video Rendering - Error Message AND Crashing - Gotham
"00:23:57 T:4584968192 NOTICE: Open - VDADecoder Codec failed to open, currently in use by another process"

reboot Smile osx has a limited number of hw decoders so if you have several open, then XBMC will not get one.
If that should be the solution for me too, then we have a problem:
I don't open any other program than XBMC.

Power on Mac->OSX starts->XBMC auto-starts when OSX has loaded->get the error message with the first video (and all videos) I play...
Windows 10 Pro (64bit), Kodi v19.1 "Matrix"
Intel NUC8i3BEH (Samsung 970 Evo, G. Skill Ripjaws 8GB)
Samsung UE49KS7000, Logitech Harmony remote 350
AudioEngine D1, Synology DS218j NAS (SMB protocol)
I did notice that message but other then osx itself and xbmc nothing is running and that error is still there.

There is an option in the advanced system settings that says use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen which is checked standard. If I uncheck it I am left with a black screen and need to check it again which could be troublesome.

in the debug log nothing is written
Is there any news on this?

Did anybody else encounter this problem?
Beta 3 still shows the error for me.
I see the same problem here for some Internet video streams. For example, using the DMAX video addon I can often stream the first video just fine. But when the first video is done (or I stop it) and try a second video, XBMC crashes - always.

I have not seen this behavior for other Internet streams or local files.

My setup is very similar to the one from the original poster. MacMini 1,1 (Intel CoreDuo, SnowLeopard). Gotham Beta3 (I had the crashes for all Betas so far, but never for Frodo).

I played around a bit:
  • My setup is RenderMethod=Software (because of the error message I get otherwise). Decoder is hardware with VDADecoder. Here, every other video from DMAX crashes XBMC
  • If I set Decoder to HW and disable VDADecoder, I can play 4 DMAX videos just fine and it crashes for the 5th. Again, the crash is independent of the video.
  • With Decoder set to SW, it takes more videos to crash XBMC than 4 (I did not exactly count, could be 8 or 10).
  • With RenderMethod=Auto and Decoder=HW I get the annoying error message (video filter shader failed), but the video plays just fine and XBMC never crashes (I tried 12 videos in a row, which does not work for any of the other configurations).

Best fix for me here would be to disable the error message and things would be just fine.

Looking at the crash report it is always the ffmpeg function yuv420_rgb32_MMX (+412) with a SIGSEGV.
I am not sure whether it makes sense to add more log files here, they just look like the ones from the original poster. But if it helps I can upload them.
Tested beta 3. All is still the same.
I agree with videoo:

(2014-04-05, 15:47)videoo Wrote: Best fix for me here would be to disable the error message and things would be just fine.
Windows 10 Pro (64bit), Kodi v19.1 "Matrix"
Intel NUC8i3BEH (Samsung 970 Evo, G. Skill Ripjaws 8GB)
Samsung UE49KS7000, Logitech Harmony remote 350
AudioEngine D1, Synology DS218j NAS (SMB protocol)
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/4533
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video Rendering - Error Message AND Crashing - Gotham0