Linux Touch calibration works in XBMCbuntu but not in XBMC
Exclamation 
I have after after using Xinput_calibrator in XBMCbuntu calibrated a touch screen successfully by using the file /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/10-evdev.conf with:

Section "InputClass"
Identifier "calibration"
MatchProduct "SLT Digital USB TouchController"
Option "Calibration" "35 1958 1958 65"
Option "SwapAxes" "1"
EndSection

However when i boot into XBMC it is apparintly not active. There is a spot in upper left corner 5 cm from top and left side where the pointer is visible. The scaling is lost.

The question is, is it another file to write the data in, to scale the screen in XBMC?
Huh I don't really know what this question is missing to be able to be replied on. Please tell my and i can add the missing part.
If there are people who knows or can guess, i really would like to have some ideas.

If XBMCbutu works but not XBMC, it is wast of time using this. If there is no deep information ANYwhere, it is just wast of time. This is why i love to buy things because there are information written or told how to adjust or adapt things.
Free SW is not always (read newer) better!: angry:
Take your anger and shove it.

Perhaps no one knows the answer. Perhaps your setup is unique. Perhaps you have to work something out for yourself.

The obvious hint is that in the xbmc session there is no window manager, simply X with xbmc on top.

Does it work properly if you run xbmc in the xbmcbuntu session?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thanks for your reply.
I am sure somebody knows how xbmc is written, it wasn't created by luck.

The strange thing is, it works in XBMCbuntu but not in XBMC on top. I have read about attempts to bybass Xorg and do similar in XBMC, that made me wondering if it is a different setup file in XBMC or if it is reset to default values somewhere.
I did a default installation of XBMCbuntu and the only thing i added was Xinput_calibrator and firefox because crome in the latest distributon just crashed.

I have tried two different touch to USB boards and got the same results. The calibration data behaves like it was erased in the start of XBMC. The last one i tried has an active area 4x4 mm in the center of the screen. If i just could get the prodedure of how XBMC is starting and in which order it is reading files, there is a small chance i could find where the data is erased or replaced. Alternativly, i could add the settings again as late as possible. Still, it is just a kind of mouse driver.

Still, i am convinced we waste a lot of time trying to get undocumend software to work with each other. That is no secret and it is scary when you look back on your life and realise you have spent month and maybe years to solve what others also have done. Not many shares their finalized work when they have had help from a forum or similar. We all knows that and it is what free software is about.
So please be clear. If you log into the xbmcbuntu session and then run xbmc from that session, does the touch calibration work?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Ok, i thought it was pretty clear...

the calibration works in XBMCbuntu.
It does not work in XMBC. I doesn't matter if i boot in to it or run in from XBMCbuntu

But when i return back to XBMCbuntu, it works again. The screen resolution is the same in both.
OK then it is not XBMC (ie the executable) that is upsetting it, it is something in the way the XBMC session is started that is stopping it working.

In both instances you should look at /var/log/Xorg.0.log to see if you can see what is different about the two sessions. The log file can be viewed by using ssh.

Or just live with defaulting to the xbmcbuntu session and find another way to autostart XBMC on login to that session.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Touch calibration works in XBMCbuntu but not in XBMC0