ATV2 - SMB share "Invalid Argument" with ONLY WD externals
Hi there. I've been streaming video to my ATV2 XBMC from my laptop with a Seagate external hard drive. Set it up with the normal SMB sharing tutorial...everything's worked great for at least a year, if not longer. Got a new, larger Western Digital hard drive, and every time I select the folder in XBMC, I get an "Invalid Argument" error popup. I've troubleshot this like crazy, made sure that all the sharing settings on the computer are correct. I can read and write with no issues across my network to this drive with other computers. Eventually starting trying other external hard drives, and came to this conclusion. My Seagate and Lacie externals work just fine streaming with XBMC to ATV2. My THREE Western Digital externals all fail with the Invalid Argument. I've also tried with two different computers, with separate IP addresses, as well. Is this a thing with WD externals? Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks for the help.

Windows 7 laptop and desktop (Both Dell)
ATV2 Software 5.3
Untethered Seas0npass jailbreak
XBMC 12.3 Git:20131212-9ed3e58 (Compiled: Dec 24 2013)
Installed using nito Installer for Apple TV 2
XBMC Log: http://pastebin.com/Gn57LhRi
I have a similar situation. I am running an ATV2 and recently upgraded from XBMC 13.1 to KODI 14.0 and decided to start streaming off my Win 8.1 Dell Laptop, as opposed to my Win 2012 Server, which has movies stored on a 2TB Western Digital external hard drive. I setup the share just fine, after configuring username/permissions. Scanned the folder on the external drive and it found all my movies, TV shows, etc... I watched a couple of films without any issues.

The next day I started up KODI again and the movies wouldn't play any longer. From the Recently Added list on the home screen selecting a movie would result in nothing happening. I could hear the default selecting sound, but no other indication that anything was going to happen. I then went to the Video files settings and when I tried to browse to the share it presented the error "Invalid Argument".

I have never been able to browse any folders on that external hard drive since, although I can access files/folders/movies that are stored on the laptop's primary drive.

I have another external drive that I can try as well. I will give it a shot and post results. I can also post all the data for the build numbers if people think it would be relevant.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ATV2 - SMB share "Invalid Argument" with ONLY WD externals0