Raspbmc cant connect to windows shares through samba
Sad 
So... been looking around the net for some time to find a solution.

This is my problem.

Brand new pi, with raspbmc installed.

I can ssh to the pi, i can see it in windows workgroup, i can ping it, and it can ping all computers on my network.

I can copy and open files from windows on the Pi share.

BUT

i can not browse nfs or samba shares to add my shared movie folders on my server.

Ive tried restarting smbd, ive tried using sources.xml, ive tried the latest

smbclient -L "\\XBMC" -U "kdalby"
Enter kdalby's password: im entering my password for the share, which opens on all other machines.

but fails with NT_STATUS_INSUFFICIENT_RESOURCES

tried it with

smbclient -L "\\XBMC" -U "\XBMC\kdalby" as well, and small letters and omg... everything.

I just cant seem to get the damn pi to work with shared folders :/

I even reinstalled the pi, reinstalled the samba service without luck.

Any of you guys know why ? and how to solve this ?
What OS (and version) is the fileserver running?

Have you tried adding a specific path to get to the shares (eg smb:\\fileserver IP address\sharename )?
You may also need to add the username and password bit to make it work.

The other thing which may get in the way is firewall(s)
Derek
I had the same basic problem when I started up my Pi with XBMC a week ago.
Could browse to my Win7 machine's shares but not to my Synology DS212 NAS. No user/password dialog popping up.
I added the Pi user with the correct password on the NAS and I even created smbpasswd on the Pi (via ssh), but nothing worked.

After a long time I finally tried to enable the guest account on the NAS, which is kind of stupid since there is smb authentication available.
Set guest permissions on my VIDEO share on the NAS and suddenly XBMC was able to browse into the share and play videos!!!!

So the bottom line seems to be that XBMC cannot use authenticated access on smb shares except directly to Windows which means that you have to open the NAS for guest access to let XBMC in....
Bo Berglund
Sweden

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Raspbmc cant connect to windows shares through samba0