Can't get past first run help screen
I have an iPad 3 and recently updated it to ios 7.0.4. After I JB'ed and installed XBMC I tried to run it and got the 'First Run Help...' screen, my problem lies in trying to get rid of this screen as tapping on the ok button seems to do nothing. There isn't any issue with my touch screen as it works fine on all other apps and xbmc goes into the multitasking tray when I do a four finger gesture swipe. Without getting past this annoying help screen XBMC is useless to me =(

Anyone can please enlightened me on how to dismiss this first run help dialogue?
It should just let you press the okay button. Have you tried to quit XBMC in the app switcher and opening it again (flick the XBMC window up so it is removed from the switcher).
Yes of course I've tried that but it doesn't help Sad

I've tried various others things too like reinstalling, restarting, respringing etc without success either.
Well, I'm not sure why it would do that, but one way to get past that screen manually would be to do this:

1) use iFile from Cydia to go to /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/

2) open guisettings.xml with "text viewer"

3) select "edit" and scroll down to where it says "<skinsettings>"

4) add this line to the <skinsettings> </skinsettings> section:
Code:
<setting type="bool" name="skin.confluence.FirstTimeRun">true</setting>

5) save/quit iFile

6) Open XBMC
Follow your instructions to a T and it doesn't seem to have done anything to get rid of the first run screen, any other advice?
Hmm weird
That line when present in the guisettings.xml in the correct spot will let Confluence skip that screen when started.
Did you close XBMC before changing it ?

This is from my guisettings.xml
Code:
<setting type="bool" name="skin.confluence.FirstTimeRun">true</setting>
Found it. Seems like the skin on my iPad is ace not confluence, you line of code worked after I changed the skin name to ace.

Thanks heaps for your help, ain't no player like xbmc on iOS ?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't get past first run help screen0