Solved Problems with a custom XBMCubuntu installation
Hey there XBMC Users,

i have a problem with my my install. I searched for hours but couldn't find a suitable solution. I took the latest XBMCubuntu image for my hardware, everything is working fine so far, but i need to have some tweaks. Is there a possibility to install the launcher or startmenu situated at the left side which was included in the former unity-desktop which had the opportunity to easy setup autostart for an application? Its important because the user of this system is not very experienced and i dont want to be his personal 24/7 support.

Thanks Nwolf
If you don't want to be his "personal 24/7 support" why not let them install themselves? You know that whole teach a man to fish thing.
Well, because he can't install it by himself. The main reason is that i want a "waterproof" system for him, because he managed it to "overflood" the windows System i installed before with dozens of viruses and trojans within a week. So i had to wipe the system several times
After getting rid of this malware i gave him a OpenElec System on a stick with a modded Opera well fine but he told me that he wasnt able to burn Cds any more. Ok and he belongs to the family so i just cant ,say go and get help somewhere else.
There is no reason why he "can't", you could help teach/guide him. Anyways, I would just install normal Ubuntu onto the drive then show whim how to start XBMC when he would like to watch a movie. If the user had issues with Windows I don't think you're going to get a better response by just throwing him into the deep end.
Well youre right. But i managed it in the meantime to get the system running stable with all features i need and without switching to the unity desktop Just a few more hours searching and finally the solution was the "startup applications" which was hidden, so dont had to find out which display to use or parameters i need to startup xbmc on login with the XBMCubuntu user ^^

So thanks for your help

Nwolf

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problems with a custom XBMCubuntu installation0