Duplicate Movies after Library Update with different file paths
Hi,

I recently switched hard drives and rather than updating the paths manually I cleared the library (disconnected the hdd and ran clean library) which removed everything. I then connected the hdd and set up sources for TV Shows and Movies. The TV Shows update ran fine and no duplicates appear. I then ran an Update Library on the Movies section. I now have 4 copies of each Movie (tbh I only checked the first page and of 6 shown 4 copies of the 1st and 2 copies of the 2nd movie). The File Information showed these following paths

/Media/Movies/Movies/<some folder>/<movie file name>
This is fine as it's /Media/<name of hdd>/<hdd folder/<some folder>/<movie file name>

However, the other instances of the same movie have these paths
/root/1/proc/Media/Movies/Movies/<some folder>/<movie file name>
/root/1/proc/root/1/proc/Media/Movies/Movies/<some folder>/<movie file name>
/root/1/proc/root/1/proc/root/1/proc/Media/Movies/Movies/<some folder>/<movie file name>

Obviously something strange is going on there,.

Does anybody know what it might be?

Thanks,

Dan.
What's in your sources.xml?
(2014-02-03, 01:35)dbegent Wrote: rather than updating the paths manually I cleared the library (disconnected the hdd and ran clean library) which removed everything.

Thats probably what caused your issue.

Definitely look in your sources.xml (or just look at the list inside XBMC) and see whats listed.
I went through my sources listed under Movies -> Library -> Files and along with those I set up there are a few others. These are the HDD and a couple of shares on the SD card I think. I set the Content to None for each of these. I had to change the "scan this drive" option off as well. Without doing that the Content reverted back to Movies each time. After doing this I ran a clean and an update but neither of those changed anything.

I can't seem to find my sources.xml file. I looked in the userdata/pi folder but there's no xbmc folder and I ran a sudo find to scan the system for the sources.xml file and it found nothing

I bought the Pi already installed with XBMC and it was installed onto a different partition from the OS I believe.

The annoying thing is that I edited the sources.xml file last year when I first set up my Pi but I can't remember how or find the instructions (online) that I used last time
what version of XBMC are you running on your PI? If Raspbmc then it's in /home/pi/.xbmc note that the dot at the beginning of a file/folder name makes it hidden so you need to turn on view hidden files in whatever you're using to browse or use ls -a from the command line to see hidden files
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
Hi,

I'm on Raspbmc. I hadn't let it start and booted to the linux installation. I've done that now and SSH'd to the RPi and now found the sources.xml file by logging in as root in ~/.xbmc/userdata

Here's the contents of the sources.xml file

<sources>
<programs>
<default pathversion="1"></default>
</programs>
<video>
<source>
<name>Films</name>
<path pathversion="1">/var/media/MOVIES/Movies/01. Main Films/</path>
</source>
<source>
<name>TV Shows</name>
<path pathversion="1">/media/MOVIES/TV Shows/</path>
</source>
</video>
<music>
<source>
<name>Music</name>
<path pathversion="1">/media/MOVIES/Music/</path>
</source>
</music>
<pictures>
<source>
<name>Photos</name>
<path pathversion="1">/media/MOVIES/ScreensaverPhotos/</path>
</source>
</pictures>
<files>
</files>
</sources>
You can use Long Path Tool for such problems as well.
Thank you. I'll look at Long Path Tool - I've not heard of that before

I deleted all the /root/1/proc.... movie paths (and accompanying records in other tables) from the database and that's removed the duplication. I then ran an update and back they came. I stopped the update so I'm not sure whether I'd have as many duplicates as last time but certainly /root/1/proc/ came back.

There's actually quite a lot in the database paths for /root/1/proc for what seems to be files for berryboot. I've left those in there. They might be important - I'm not sure

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Duplicate Movies after Library Update with different file paths0