• 37(current)
Asus Chromebox announcement
(2014-05-22, 17:16)mrivera0411 Wrote: As of now i'm selling my g-box MX2,

I got my chromebox to boot up to XBMC and the sound works and the CPU1 usage is 1-3% no freezing and the speed is amazing!!

I'm going to test it for a few days but I think I'm good
With 2GB or 4GB RAM?
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
Thanks for confirming. So you can suspend/resume and power on/off via the KB/mouse?

Also which OS are you typing this from - ChromeOs, Ubuntu or web browser in OpenElec?
(2014-05-22, 20:27)hdmkv Wrote:

I got my chromebox to boot up to XBMC and the sound works and the CPU1 usage is 1-3% no freezing and the speed is amazing!!

With 2GB or 4GB RAM?

I'm using 2GB Ram, I pulled it out of the box and loaded it up, so far so good

(2014-05-22, 20:28)MrCrispy Wrote: Thanks for confirming. So you can suspend/resume and power on/off via the KB/mouse?

Also which OS are you typing this from - ChromeOs, Ubuntu or web browser in OpenElec?

I'm trying this from Ubuntu, what do you mean shut off/suspend, the system? XBMC?
I mean the system as a whole. What do you do when you are done using it - shut it down or sleep? Or do you leave it on all the time, which I think is also feasible with low power draw.
(2014-05-22, 20:57)mrivera0411 Wrote:
(2014-05-22, 20:27)hdmkv Wrote:

With 2GB or 4GB RAM?

I'm using 2GB Ram, I pulled it out of the box and loaded it up, so far so good

(2014-05-22, 20:28)MrCrispy Wrote: Thanks for confirming. So you can suspend/resume and power on/off via the KB/mouse?

I'm trying this from Ubuntu, what do you mean shut off/suspend, the system? XBMC?

Wait I shoud say that I I'm typing this from Ubutu from my chromebox, I just tried to suspend and it worked.
(2014-05-22, 21:02)MrCrispy Wrote: I mean the system as a whole. What do you do when you are done using it - shut it down or sleep? Or do you leave it on all the time, which I think is also feasible with low power draw.

If I click on shut down from Ubuntu it will power the chromebox down, I just tried it
(2014-05-22, 20:25)mrivera0411 Wrote:
(2014-05-22, 20:15)MrCrispy Wrote: From the wiki -

"Suspend/resume is generally problematic with the stock firmware (dual boot setups), but seems to work reliably in standalone setups with the updated Coreboot firmware. Resume via USB is not currently working. "

Does "via USB" mean it won't work with a IR receiver plugged into USB port? What about a wireless/BT keyboard?

Right now I'm using a wireless KB/Mouse and I have no issues and I'm writing this from my chromebox.

Which wireless kb/mouse can you suspend/resume with?
I'm trying to find out if Chromebox running OpenElec can be turned on/off and suspend/resume from S3 sleep using a BT remote or keyboard, and if so which one works best with XBMC. Would prefer one of those remotes that have a keyboard on the back. Or e.g. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00B9996LA/ref=...5M1Y&psc=1
(2014-05-22, 23:58)MrCrispy Wrote: I'm trying to find out if Chromebox running OpenElec can be turned on/off and suspend/resume from S3 sleep using a BT remote or keyboard, and if so which one works best with XBMC. Would prefer one of those remotes that have a keyboard on the back. Or e.g. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00B9996LA/ref=...5M1Y&psc=1

I don't think it is possible at the moment. None of my remotes or keyboards can wake it.
(2014-05-23, 00:41)jsp1 Wrote:
(2014-05-22, 23:58)MrCrispy Wrote: I'm trying to find out if Chromebox running OpenElec can be turned on/off and suspend/resume from S3 sleep using a BT remote or keyboard, and if so which one works best with XBMC. Would prefer one of those remotes that have a keyboard on the back. Or e.g. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00B9996LA/ref=...5M1Y&psc=1

I don't think it is possible at the moment. None of my remotes or keyboards can wake it.

this is correct, pretty sure it's a firmware issue and I'm working to try and fix it, as it's the only outstanding issue I'm aware of
So is it ok to just leave it on all the time? So resume doesn't work, does turning it on via remote/keyboard work?
(2014-05-23, 02:12)MrCrispy Wrote: So is it ok to just leave it on all the time? So resume doesn't work, does turning it on via remote/keyboard work?

No, that's what I'm saying. You can resume just fine using the power button, just not anything USB. I think it has to do with the port power state when in suspend, but still investigating
Does this have a wake-on-LAN option?
I use the Yatse remote and love the ability to power my box on and off.

@jsp1
I am trying to decide between this and the N2820 NUC.
Have you had a chance to compare the two?
(2014-05-06, 22:53)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2014-05-06, 19:51)asleulv Wrote: Hi Matt. Yes, that is what I'm doing, yet nothing is happening, only a black screen. Tried a bunch of times, buy no luck Sad

I can't fathom why that would be, and can't find any other instances where someone was unable to get into recovery mode. Perhaps try without a keyboard/mouse connected? I dunno, sorry

Hi,
I just received my M400U yesterday, and I'm having the same problem as this, I stumble at the first step of putting it into developer mode.
I've tried numerous times, and with variations on the theme, with and without peripherals etc.
When I press the hold the reset button and power on, the power light comes on white, and no display output is generated at all.
boots normally fine again without holding reset down.
Have they changed the method for entering developer mode, or restricted it?
asleulv - did you manage to solve and if so how?

Thanks for any help
Simon.
(2014-05-23, 09:46)scarr Wrote: Hi,
I just received my M400U yesterday, and I'm having the same problem as this, I stumble at the first step of putting it into developer mode.
I've tried numerous times, and with variations on the theme, with and without peripherals etc.
When I press the hold the reset button and power on, the power light comes on white, and no display output is generated at all.
boots normally fine again without holding reset down.
Have they changed the method for entering developer mode, or restricted it?
asleulv - did you manage to solve and if so how?

Thanks for any help
Simon.

asleulv's issue was a resolution issue with the TV he had connected (it was only 1024x768 IIRC). He connect the ChromeBox to a computer monitor and had no issues from that point. It's possible for you to navigate blindly, simply press CTRL-D, then the reset button again, and wait a few minutes and it should reboot on its own
  • 37(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Asus Chromebox announcement8