• 4(current)
XBMCee - Ultimate XBMC Controller for iPhone and iPad
@FreshLimeSoda: I already got the app, but can I donate to a Paypal account?
(2014-06-27, 08:41)deeds Wrote: @FreshLimeSoda: I already got the app, but can I donate to a Paypal account?

Thank you for your appreciation. I am just glad that you like it enough to support it via PayPal.
Please rate us on the app store and that should help spread the word.
@FreshLimeSoda: will do!
(2014-06-26, 17:32)FreshLimeSoda Wrote: Yes Sir... Still being developed..
New features being built.

Unfortunately to support ongoing development (and avoid adding ads) we had to move away from free to a 99 cent app. Still cheap compared to other overpriced apps out there in the similar category

That's okay - the app is fully worth this compared to other xbmc remote apps. You could easily charge more than 99 cent Smile
(2014-02-21, 22:02)jakks Wrote: Is there anyway of getting posters to display for movies?
Yes please!

(2014-04-06, 21:40)rskadk Wrote:
(2014-04-06, 19:22)FreshLimeSoda Wrote: We already have options to switch language and subtitles when playing movie.
Check out the image below and the button under the progress slider.
Allows you to turn subs on off.
Clicking on "CC" lets you switch between subs while the headset button switches language.

This what not excactly what i was talking about Smile A lot of users (including myself), are using the XBMC subtitle addon:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add..._Subtitles and http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=126495

To download subtitles when playback the movie (If you doesn't allready have the subtitle downloaded). I think all the other apps, have a dedicated button to launch the XBMC subtitle add-on Smile Will this be added in future releases?
Yes please!

(2014-04-14, 07:16)Linusorg Wrote: Playing around i found several areas where you might can imporve :-)
Some of this ideas has mentioned before, so pls feel free to see them as an additional vote

1) display poster instead of fanart for movies/shows (maybe optional, or a setting for default display)
2) be able to remove menue options (music, pictures,..) and facebook integration
Yes please!

Additionally,
1) Would love to see an option to download all posters/fanart into local cache. That way when scrolling through i.e movies i can do it at whatever speed i want, and dont need to pause in scrolling just to get refresh on posters/fanart.

2) Option to enable so that when starting playback (movie, tv etc) it jumps back to home screen/main screen automatically.

3) a "New" badge/marker for tv series that are, well, newly scraped to DB. Marker would be on Name, then season and on episode. And this gets removed automatically when item has been watched. Blush

And i can't stress this enough... Option to remove that horrendeous facebook welcome "banner" on home screen. Angel

Other than that, beautiful app!

Edit: Major dealbreaker (Or maybe im just stupid and cant find it) BUT no option to add tv series to Enqueue...? This is 1 of 2 reasons i use these kind of remotes...a simple way to browse through library and add items to queue. Other remotes that i have tried out has this option even though they severly lacked in UI/UX. Huh
@iterva
Thank you for the feedback..

Lot of features coming in new v1.2 release include a widget for iOS8

Move to Now Playing screen when playing Movie or TV Show
Movie poster - Yes
Light and Dark theme - Yes
Easier playlist management - Yes
Movies by Cast - Yes
Music Artists Fanart and description when browsing by Artists - Yes
Movie Sets - Yes

Facebook Integration - GONE. Turns out folks hate it and you can easily share to facebook/twitter via inbuilt iOS actions and so FB is a big NO in the next release. Hence much more cleaner interface.

The images are always cached to local cache and so should always be fast. iOS deletes all cache when your device is running low on space.

In really happy to hear that development is still ongoing for this beautiful app!! Big Grin
HT System - Denon X1500-H, 4x RP-500M for FR,FL,SR,SL, RP-404C for Center, 2x RP-500SA for Top Middle, SVS PB-2000. Harmony 665, LG OLED CX 65, Samsung PN51H5000 Plasma
Sounds awesome, let me know if you need ios 8 beta testers!
Friend, when support will be given to the PVR Huh
(2014-08-02, 17:19)FreshLimeSoda Wrote: @iterva
Thank you for the feedback..

Lot of features coming in new v1.2 release include a widget for iOS8

Move to Now Playing screen when playing Movie or TV Show
Movie poster - Yes
Light and Dark theme - Yes
Easier playlist management - Yes
Movies by Cast - Yes
Music Artists Fanart and description when browsing by Artists - Yes
Movie Sets - Yes

Facebook Integration - GONE. Turns out folks hate it and you can easily share to facebook/twitter via inbuilt iOS actions and so FB is a big NO in the next release. Hence much more cleaner interface.

The images are always cached to local cache and so should always be fast. iOS deletes all cache when your device is running low on space.

Hi there,
this looks great and most of us will love to see that FB is going away.
i have a small thing left here and that's changing language/subtitles:
Right now tapping on language will skip to the next language, but taking f.e. BR Movies into acount you have quite a lot to skip through until you get to the correct on (dont forget the uuups i missed it frustration and cycle through the whole mess again)

Would it be too much to ask for a small window to pop up displaying all existing languages/subtitles and let the user select the one from there?
Best Regards
A feature request (that might be hard to implement?) would it be possible to get xbmcee to intercept the now playing lock screen / control center widgets? (An idea of how this might be done would be to generate completely silent music files that would play for the same duration as the media that was being viewed on the media center.) If implemented, this should probably be an opt-in feature as it's potentially battery draining.

Also, will the app be changing its name when xbmc goes Kodi? "Kodee" or something completely different?

Btw I enjoy playing around with app icons, so if the icon was open to change as well, I'd gladly toy around a bit and see what I could do.
@hsus - I would love to see a icon idea once Kodi finalizes their brand. Also yes I hope to change the name from XBMCee to something else in next release to better align with XBMC (Kodi) roadmap.

The feature request for PVR and Popup for subtitles is coming soon. For the release after this one I am planning on rewriting the whole app using Swift and hope to add the PVR/Subtitles feature.

We submitted v1.2 to Apple last weekend and below are the release notes

Release Notes for Version 1.2

This release contains some below features and enhancements. We hope you like it as much as we enjoyed coding it!

XBMCee
We can never decide that does a light theme or dark theme looks good and so as part of this release you can select what you like. Head on to the settings panel and select the theme you like (Sorry you might have to restart app after selection!)
As you go to settings you might also see an option to “Switch to now playing when playing movies or TV Shows” – This feature allows you to move to the remote as soon as you play something.

NOW PLAYING
Refined the interface to make it look more streamline and modern
Playlist is now available on the same page for easier management

MOVIES
Movies displays “Poster” rather than “Fanart”
Mosaic view on Movie posters
Movie Set – Look for them in the filters section. This allows you to browse your library by movie sets.
Filter movies by Cast – Click on a cast when seeing a movie details to filter all movies by CAST.

MUSIC
Filter by Artists shows artists fanart with biography
Bug fixes around Library not being refreshed when switching filters

TV SHOWS
Refined Interface
TV Show details now shows logo art and rating when available

GENERAL
Bug fixes and house keeping
Awesome work:

2 questions:

1. Does it now work for Gotham? Didn't find that anywhere.

2. Does it only work for hindi movies since that's all I see on the itunes page? (just kidding)
@hindbuff
XBMCee supports Frodo, Gotham and has been briefly tested on Helix.

It works with any movies that you have on your XBMC. If XBMC can read the metadata then XBMCee will display it.
@hsus
As part of next release (very soon because we will release v1.3 to support iOS8) there will be a Widget to see now playing (play/pause/skip track) along with playlist to switch between tracks. The widget extension in iOS8 can be accessed even for lock screen.

• 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMCee - Ultimate XBMC Controller for iPhone and iPad1