Blue Cop No Longer Exists? Other subscription service options?
Hi guys, new to the whole XBMC world... Apologies if this has been covered, but with new programs/apps appearing and disappearing in the wink of an eye it's a bit hard for a new guy to know what's current and what's not. Seeing as how most of the stuff I read about Blue Cop was from early 2013, I thought perhaps it was still a thing, but after having downloaded it several times and tried (unsuccessfully) to install it on XBMC several times, I'm assuming it's a dodo bird at this point? When I go into XBMC's settings/add-ons/install from zip file, it shows up wherever I've placed it (tried several locations), but I can't click on it or click okay to install it.

So it's extinct? If so, does Blue Cop take with it the only way one could play AOD and Hulu?

I'm not really big into ripping files, I mostly wanted to run XBMC as a way to have an all-in-one and remote-controllable library for the various streaming services we enjoy on the Mac Mini we run as a media center...

Granted, I've only been exploring XBMC for a few days, but it's beginning to look more and more like this is the haven of guys a bit more tech-minded than me who like to rip stuff, as opposed to people looking for a simple remote-controllable interface for their various subscription streaming providers? I can't seem to get Netflix, AOD, Hulu, Spotify, or anything...

If XBMC isn't going to work, what else do you guys suggest? Plex got rid of Netflix and AOD and Spotify... There HAS TO BE SOME PROGRAM that lets you compile your various subscription streaming services in one place and control them with a remote control... It's not illegal for Christ's sake, so why doesn't it exist? Or should I just pay a programmer to write something quick and make a billion dollars? I feel like I'm living in a world where people buy automobiles for use as paper-weights and I'm the only guy with the idea to actually manufacture and sell gasoline...
My guess is he's just been busy. However, the community has some fixes for some of his stuff. Use the "Install from zip" option on this repo: https://home.no/xbmcplus/fusion/reposito...ta-1.0.zip
That doesn't work either... I download it, put it somewhere visible to XBMC like the desktop... It shows up under the "desktop" tab Settings/add-ons/install from zip file... But if it's clicked on it disappears, and the "okay" option is always grayed-out and unclickable.

Bottom line, there is no way to get Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, Spotify et al on XBMC, correct? I'm coming to the conclusion that this program is designed for people that either want a place to compile and navigate the content they already have stored on their computer, or find free content online from various somewhat quasi-legal sources, correct? If so, that's cool, but not what I'm looking for. What other options are there for someone just looking to compile streaming subscription services in one place on their computer and navigate them with a remote control?
I watch Hulu through XBMC all the time, using the Hulu add-on in the repo I just posted about. I do not know why the install-from-zip option would behave like you described.

As for Netflix and Amazon Prime, XBMC can be setup as a launcher for that content as well. It takes some fiddling, but it does work quite nicely once setup.

Netflix: http://lifehacker.com/netflixbmc-brings-...1484237283

Amazon Prime: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=182172

I've never tried it myself, but here is a Spotify add-on: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=125147
Well, whatever. Literally nothing I've tried to install with regards to subscription streaming services has worked. Returning the Mac Mini... Maybe XBMC and OSX don't play together as smoothly as a windows or linux build does...
You could at least say thanks to someone who has spent their time finding several links that may very well provide you with the solution you want. Tongue
(2014-02-10, 06:23)Starter Wrote: Well, whatever. Literally nothing I've tried to install with regards to subscription streaming services has worked. Returning the Mac Mini... Maybe XBMC and OSX don't play together as smoothly as a windows or linux build does...

I'm a Mac OS X user, and most of these work just fine for me. It doesn't sound like you even tried the ones I mentioned.

I'm also guessing that in Safari you have "open safe files" checked. This might explain why the zip isn't working for you, because Safari has unzipped it and you are clicking on a folder. Check your OS X trash can, and the zip file should be in there.

All that being said, I would go with an Android-based device if you want those various services in a (mostly) remote friendly format. There are official apps for just about all of them, with the exception of iTunes content.
http://www.roku.com/channels#!browse/mov...by-popular look there
and here http://www.roku.com/channels/#!browse/music/by-popular

That's pretty much everything you mentioned.
(2014-02-10, 06:40)nooryani84 Wrote: You could at least say thanks to someone who has spent their time finding several links that may very well provide you with the solution you want. Tongue
Ha, yes, that was a bit rude of me, I apologize. I'm just having an incredibly frustrating couple of days with this stuff... Probably didn't help that two Mac Minis had bricked during this process (nothing to do with XBMC, there's apparently an unrecoverable error that can manifest when fiddling with the resolution and utilizing HDMI, at least according to the several "senior advisors" I spoke with at Apple)... It's just been a very aggravating process

Let me say for the record, all suggestions were much appreciated and I am very thankful such a site exists and very grateful for the knowledge gleaned from the friendly people on it. Cheers!

I'll check back in when I figure out an Android device... Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Blue Cop No Longer Exists? Other subscription service options?1