• 5(current)
Gotham +1 Codename: Helix
(2014-02-12, 09:08)Hitcher Wrote: Just checked the list and Hyrule gets my vote.

+1 for Hyrule

zelda rocks!!
cu
I just realised how old I am by having to look up Hyrule... and then having to look up The Legend of Zelda as well... Gridrunner/Matrix, anyone...?
Much though I like taking the piss out of Hasselhof, I think we should stick to mythical place names, not people or gods. frodo was a one off and IMHO should remain so.

Harrenhall was one I though was quite good, although perhaps a bit too obscure. If you haven't read/watched Game of Thrones you won't get it, whereas Gotham is pretty well embedded in popular culture.

Similarly (and maybe showing my ignorance) I don't immediately know what Hyrule is. Hogwarts is probably sufficiently embedded in popular culture, although while the author/movie maker is still raking in profits I would avoid that.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Reasons to hate the name Hogwarts

1. Its just a horrible name that is horrible to say.
2. It is too recent.
3. It carries a lot of baggage. (Fan fiction anyone?)
4. It misses the target market.
5. It is nerd-nerd, not nerd-cool.
6. Maybe it could be considered for the next time round the alphabet
7. If you are going to consider anything from that world, AND appeal to the XBMC audience, it would be a travesty to choose Hogwarts over Hogsmeade.
8. Actually, lets throw out all the rules and just call the next version Emma Watson.
9. I will be calling the next version Hyrule even if nobody else does. Not a reason. Just a fact.
Hoth

Hyrule and HAL are both great.

But let´s face it, it has to be Hoth. Wink

Edit: I mean....
(2014-02-14, 00:39)Karnagious Wrote: Reasons to hate the name Hogwarts

1. Its just a horrible name that is horrible to say.
2. It is too recent.
3. It carries a lot of baggage. (Fan fiction anyone?)
4. It misses the target market.
5. It is nerd-nerd, not nerd-cool.
6. Maybe it could be considered for the next time round the alphabet
7. If you are going to consider anything from that world, AND appeal to the XBMC audience, it would be a travesty to choose Hogwarts over Hogsmeade.
8. Actually, lets throw out all the rules and just call the next version Emma Watson.
9. I will be calling the next version Hyrule even if nobody else does. Not a reason. Just a fact.
+1
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
XBMC Halla

From The Soldiers Of Halla, part of The Pendragon Adventure series...

XBMC Halicon

Because it sounds great, and I nearly named a company Halicon, technically making it a fictional place...Big Grin

Its also a sleep drug, so pretty sure plenty of people have gone to fictional places on it.

Or XBMC Halycon which might fit the bill better?
How about we just have a poll? people won't agree in here anyway Smile From what I can tell it looks like it will be Hyrule. I think that mythological places and names of people/creatures is fine.
+1 Hoth

im starting to like it
Hoth or Halicon both conjure off worlds and an interesting place to be.
Both Hyrule and Hoth are a bit cliché and overused in pop culture... we can do better than that.
Hyrule wont be overused until we use it.

Hoth has to be ruled out, so that the next NEXT version can be called Jedi.

Do we really want to have this conversation next year?

"Man, it would be so cool to call the next version (the one after Irkalla*) something like Jedi**, but we cant because we made the horrible horrible mistake of calling the Hyrule release Hoth instead!"

No. No, we dont.

Hyrule, Irkalla, Jedi, Kirk. All sorted.

I will now stand back as all you Hothilites clamber over yourselves to agree with me.

*Getting in early on this one. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irkalla
** missing the opportunity to piggyback in the soon-to-be-released Episode 7
i dont you, but for me call xbmc "jedi" is kind of lame don't you think lol

Dewey, Huey and Louie from Silent Running... Smile
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
How about Hexen, could weave the X into XBMC somehow. +1 for He-Man
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Gotham +1 Codename: Helix0