• 10(current)
Best Android (TV) - Kodi Box
(2015-08-10, 05:10)Ned Scott Wrote: Such blind devotion to one stupid android box over another stupid android box is not something to be proud of. It suggests that you lack critical thinking skills, and that you've simply jumped on the bandwagon for one device or another, like some kind of mindless fanboy.

Ned, this isn't very helpful.
The entire reply I posted, or just that part?
"Ned, this isn't very helpful."

I bet it helped Ned, after replying to a lot of opinion represented as fact. ;-) Might even help the person to whom it was offered...

He also makes a very valid point about maintaining objectivity, and backs it up with his own experience with the hardware.
To be fair, I probably shouldn't get so worked up in these discussions. It's not like some great crime has been committed just because someone really likes one particular box over another. It's not something worth getting so frustrated about, and cutting other people down does little to change their mind, if at all.
I am pretty much in the dark when it comes to technical specifications of various android boxes, and was even unaware of the existence of the Google Nexus Player when I bought my AFTV box (Bought Jan 2015, then bought a second box Feb 2015 and Fire Stick Apr 2015). Having seen the port connections available though I think I made the right choice because I wanted the optical S/PDIF output. My AV amps are older types with no HDMI inputs.
I have had this Beelink MX3 MXIII Plus Android 4.4 http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00STPL4Z8/ref=p...00_TE_item for a few months without any issues and am happy with it.

I was also looking into the Matricom G-Box Q Quad/Octo Core XBMC/Kodi Android TV Box [2GB/16GB/4K] here, http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00QHLS...OLR8YDGC0J

It says the cost supports the developers of XBMX/Kodi but I'm not sure and wondered if anyone had and experience with these? I would prefer to help the developers rather than purchase from China.

Thanks in advance for the input.
(2015-09-10, 18:55)Newbie0000 Wrote: It says the cost supports the developers of XBMX/Kodi but I'm not sure and wondered if anyone had and experience with these? I would prefer to help the developers rather than purchase from China.

They lie. We don't see a penny of that money.
Well that sucks, sorry to hear that. I moved this to hardware but don't have rights to delete this one yet.
I had several devices like Roku sticks and cheaper Android boxes, but after reading this article :

https://www.avforums.com/article/best-an...-box.11747

I got me the Minix Neo x-8H

What a machine! Haven't looked back, and extremely happy. Actually surprised not to see it mentioned alot in this thread. Go figure

As you can see by my signature, I too am now a mindlessly devoted Minix Fanboy. Laugh Wink

Minix Neo x-8h PLUS running XBMC for Minix
Minix A2 Airmouse
Minix NT II Bluetooth headsets
Windows 7 PC with Kodi15
Thanks for the info! Much appreciated.
(2015-09-18, 10:55)TheClown Wrote: I had several devices like Roku sticks and cheaper Android boxes, but after reading this article :

https://www.avforums.com/article/best-an...-box.11747

I got me the Minix Neo x-8H

What a machine! Haven't looked back, and extremely happy. Actually surprised not to see it mentioned alot in this thread. Go figure

As you can see by my signature, I too am now a mindlessly devoted Minix Fanboy. Laugh Wink

That Minix Neo looks alright, but for the price I can't see as its worth it over say a M8 Android box priced at £37.00.
Cause it has an actually company behind it that provides support instead of the worthless M8 every one has problems with and comes bitching to us.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Absolutely agree, you get Exactly what you pay for in the Android Kodi media player market.

You are paying for stable Firmware and regular updates and support. You will also get a device that "just works" straight out of the box with minimal bugs for Kodi.
If companies link MINIX and Wetek and nVIDIA can afford to become Kodi sponsors, you can guarantee their devices will be the cream of the Android crop Smile

Edited.
(2015-10-20, 04:37)theunderling Wrote: Martijn is right about the m8.
Why pay £37 for the m8 when you get the mxq for £27,or the mxpro for £32.
They all are total crap
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best Android (TV) - Kodi Box0