• 12(current)
Best Android (TV) - Kodi Box
Not sure if you count it as an Android TV Box.. but this one seems to meet your specs:

http://www.amazon.com/Amazon-DV83YW-Fire...B00U3FPN4U

Edit: There are also custom rooted roms available. http://www.aftvnews.com/roms/
Where can I find more details? Cpu, ram, gpu etc? Is it pure Android with access to all apps available for Android tablets?
(2016-03-24, 21:46)giaur Wrote: Where can I find more details? Cpu, ram, gpu etc? Is it pure Android with access to all apps available for Android tablets?

Troll? http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Fire+tv
(2016-03-24, 23:00)Sionzris Wrote:
(2016-03-24, 21:46)giaur Wrote: Where can I find more details? Cpu, ram, gpu etc? Is it pure Android with access to all apps available for Android tablets?

Troll? http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Fire+tv

Maybe?? But anyway I'm with the general consensus here and I'll say the Nvidia Shield TV is by far and still the best Android Box currently on the market.I know you don't want Android TV,so just root it and install Stock Android.I'll
leave look up the details yourselfWink
(2016-03-24, 12:48)giaur Wrote: Yep, I'm interested in good tv box. My requirement it CAN'T HAVE ANDROID TV. Only stock android, version >=5. Also, 4k/hevc should be supported, RAM >1GB, ROM>=16 GB.

why on earth would you want it to not have Android TV? you can still load any android apk you'd want via sideload.
I just bought a Matricom G Q2 box based on several reviews that said it decodes HEVC 265 perfectly. I have been using the HEVC 265 codec to rip DVDs as well as movies I DVR to smaller files, and the Roku 4 I used to have would play most of them but not all, as well as not playing the older formats a lot of my movies are in. I keep all of my movies on an external HDD (4 TB) so that is what I use my media player for 99% of the time. My Q2 box has Android 5.1.1 installed and 2GB RAM so it should have no problem playing these rips. But, half the time, I get audio and no video, and with others, I get a pixelated video. All the other formats work perfectly. Yet, when I play these on my laptop with Media Player Classic, everything works perfectly.

I have used the Kodi media player, the 4K media player, I downloaded VLC Media player, and even tried a few lesser known apps, none of which played the HEVC with any smoothness. I have disabled all the video codecs' hardware acceleration features (Amcodec, Mediacodec Surface, and Mediacodec), which allowed some of the HEVC files to play, but eventually they started stuttering and getting out of sync with the audio.

Is there an app like Media Player Classic that will play all of the known formats on Android, or is there a tweak I should be making in my settings that will correct all of this? Thanks in advance.
(2016-05-30, 23:23)sborah99 Wrote: I just bought a Matricom G Q2 box based on several reviews that said it decodes HEVC 265 perfectly. I have been using the HEVC 265 codec to rip DVDs as well as movies I DVR to smaller files, and the Roku 4 I used to have would play most of them but not all, as well as not playing the older formats a lot of my movies are in. I keep all of my movies on an external HDD (4 TB) so that is what I use my media player for 99% of the time. My Q2 box has Android 5.1.1 installed and 2GB RAM so it should have no problem playing these rips. But, half the time, I get audio and no video, and with others, I get a pixelated video. All the other formats work perfectly. Yet, when I play these on my laptop with Media Player Classic, everything works perfectly.

I have used the Kodi media player, the 4K media player, I downloaded VLC Media player, and even tried a few lesser known apps, none of which played the HEVC with any smoothness. I have disabled all the video codecs' hardware acceleration features (Amcodec, Mediacodec Surface, and Mediacodec), which allowed some of the HEVC files to play, but eventually they started stuttering and getting out of sync with the audio.

Is there an app like Media Player Classic that will play all of the known formats on Android, or is there a tweak I should be making in my settings that will correct all of this? Thanks in advance.

Have a look here. Also try down loading SPMC it is working well and have heard good reviews.
https://forums.matricom.net/viewtopic.php?t=24156
(2016-05-31, 02:59)spager Wrote:
(2016-05-30, 23:23)sborah99 Wrote: I just bought a Matricom G Q2 box based on several reviews that said it decodes HEVC 265 perfectly. I have been using the HEVC 265 codec to rip DVDs as well as movies I DVR to smaller files, and the Roku 4 I used to have would play most of them but not all, as well as not playing the older formats a lot of my movies are in. I keep all of my movies on an external HDD (4 TB) so that is what I use my media player for 99% of the time. My Q2 box has Android 5.1.1 installed and 2GB RAM so it should have no problem playing these rips. But, half the time, I get audio and no video, and with others, I get a pixelated video. All the other formats work perfectly. Yet, when I play these on my laptop with Media Player Classic, everything works perfectly.

Have a look here. Also try down loading SPMC it is working well and have heard good reviews.
https://forums.matricom.net/viewtopic.php?t=24156

Thanks Spager. I'll tinker with both of those options. Hopefully, SPMC will work. I'd hate to have to go back and re-encode every DVD I've done in 265 to 8bit.
Well, SPMC didn't work. I still get the stuttering and pixelation on the same files.
I'm betting a (default) Variable Frame Rate option is being used to encode HEVC. It needs to be Constant Bitrate.
If you are trying to play 10bit HEVC on a AML S812 platform it simply will not work. The S812 SoC does not support decoding 10bit video.

The best suggestion, for dodgy Android Boxes is return them to the seller and get a refund immediately and get something decent, recommended in the "Pick the Right Kodi box thread"

Kodi boxes are not just about pumped up, paid for reviews on external websites where the reviewers have been drinking far far too much of the free Company Kool Aid or reviews by Newbs that simply do not have a clue.
If you want Kodi to work anywhere near properly, especially on an Android platform and have actual after sales support then i've already mentioned the thread to look for recommended Hardware.

Be Aware, there are VERY BIG changes coming in Kodi Krypton for Hardware devices with AMLogic SoC's in them. This may even mean Firmware needs upgrading and Kernel mods will be needed. If you have no after sales support, then you will very likely be stuck on Kodi Jarvis forever.

Or SPMC I guess? Also, not only Amlogic. Rockchip based hardware is affected too. MediaCodec hardware accelerated video decoding not working at all anymore with latest Krypton build. Ok on Jarvis and SPMC.
God has decided that amlcodec does not fit his vision, so will disappear from Krypton altogether.
It will be (maybe) replaced by a linux-only codec currently in development.

Not that important, really, as only Windows (and maybe some Apple) users will be using stock Krypton Wink
I tested mxq pro (this is a crap) with latest Kodi Jarvis. I have no any amcodec available, but I see no issues with MediaCodec.

P.S. Rockchip is definitely out of intetest? If it works, good for me, if not, too bad for me?

I'm curious how can you comment Harlan's post on Zidoo forums :-)

http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/...430/page-9

Well, it seems you have promised something, then unexpectedly changed your mind without any reason hmm

Quote:he changed his mind about the need to fix the problem in Kodi's source code and the on-going relevance of SPMC. The reasons that he gave afterward were somewhat illogical. There's nothing available from Nvidia's Github site, except a mix of patch files and binary-only low level drivers - and SPMC is still forced to do some rendering in software on the Shield TV. The source code situation is about the same on the Amazon Fire TV box. Nonetheless, he promised that those particular boxes and private hacks would be getting some "love" from SPMC going forward.
Guilty...
Quote:The real problem is that Google requires each OEM to port the Android AOSP Nexus source code to their non-Nexus hardware
Quote:Once again, it was team Kodi that created most of the problems you are complaining about here, when they discarded all of the OEM-specific low-level code from their archives; dropped support for the standard libstagefright.so; and started rendering their user interface at a lower resolution than the actual display or video playback resolution. That method is not in keeping with the published AOSP Android User Interface Compatibility guidelines, e.g. http://source.android.com/compatibility/android-cdd.pdf
Quote:Team Kodi was purging the necessary low-level Zidoo/Rockchip OEM/ODM code from their project source code archives and Koying was specifically promising to fix the Rockchip and other OEM issues by rewriting the Kodi Mediacodec rendering hacks. He claimed that would have made the problem - and his own SPMC fork - completely irrelevant. He promised to deliver the first build that weekend, but we all know that he subsequently changed his mind. http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-supp...pmc/page38

Don't know who this Harlan guy is, but his BS rate per word is impressive. I hope he's not a Zidoo engineer Wink

Re the "promise" and "changed his mind", let me quote myself (from July 2015 on freaktab: http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-supp...post511643):
Quote:I'm working on an improved MediaCodec rendering system in Kodi that *should* make rkstf (and thus spmc) irrelevant.
You'll have test builds next weekend.

The improved Mediacodec is Mediacodec(Surface), which is in Kodi 16. It cannot be more easy on OEM than that, as basically all decoding and rendering is left to the box, via standard AOSP interfaces.
If RK still cannot not handle it properly, well...
(2016-05-31, 13:43)giaur Wrote:
Quote:he changed his mind about the need to fix the problem in Kodi's source code and the on-going relevance of SPMC. The reasons that he gave afterward were somewhat illogical. There's nothing available from Nvidia's Github site, except a mix of patch files and binary-only low level drivers - and SPMC is still forced to do some rendering in software on the Shield TV. The source code situation is about the same on the Amazon Fire TV box. Nonetheless, he promised that those particular boxes and private hacks would be getting some "love" from SPMC going forward.
Guilty...
You have some FCUKING nerve mate. Koying will not bite back but I will. Gladly. You expect us to believe some fanboy Zidoo dickhead posting on the Zidoo forums over a respected Kodi Android developer like Koying who has done more for the Android Kodi platform than Zidoo ever will.

You mate are nothing better than a troll. Stirring up shit and sniping at people when a product does not work to your satisfaction. If you have bought shit unsupported Android product that does not work destroy the damn thing and bugger off out of the forums.

I strongly support you being banned from the forums.

(2016-05-23, 23:32)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2016-05-23, 23:20)giaur Wrote: Low end device. Not worth to mention. Poor hardware and full Amazon bloatware, Amazon account needed. Wtf
Amazon marked Kodi as dangerous app, preventing to use hbo while kodi is installed. What a defection! How could it be done by sponsor? Stab in the back!

Please stop trolling. Amazon isn't even a sponsor. There doesn't appear to be any HBO issue.

(2016-05-24, 01:41)Koying Wrote: @giaur last warning. Anymore trolling and you're banned.

• 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best Android (TV) - Kodi Box0